Don’t miss out on all of NerdWallet’s highly anticipated 2016 Black Friday ad leaks this season. Visit regularly for tips and announcements about the best holiday deals from your favorite retailers. Black Friday is Nov. 25.
If you’ve been eyeing a smartphone upgrade this holiday season, shop and save at Verizon’s Black Friday event. Deals on smartphones and electronics start online on Thanksgiving, so you can sign up for a new phone between bites of turkey.
Verizon 2016 Black Friday deals
New and current subscribers can pick up the latest Android smartphones, including the Samsung Galaxy S7 and Google Pixel, for as low as $10 a month over 24 months.
Other deals include tech gifts such as tablets, headphones, wearables and mobile accessories.
Here’s a peek at some other Black Friday highlights:
- iPad mini 2 for $99.99 after two-year activation (save $300).
- Fitbit Charge 2 with $25 Visa gift card for $129.99 (save $20).
- UrBeats for $49.99 (save $50).
- Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 Elite Edition Snow for $169.99 (save $80).
- Beats Solo3 wireless headphones for $224.99 (save $75).
- Mophie powerstation XL for $34.99 (save 50%).
- UE Boom 2 wireless speaker for $99.99 (save $100).
Read the fine print before signing up for any Black Friday smartphone or tablet promo. Most transactions require you to pay an activation fee and taxes at checkout, plus deal prices are available only for qualifying customers.
Be mindful — your generous gift list might result in a bit of credit card balance. In the 2015 holiday season, 44% of American shoppers incurred debt and took about two months to pay it off. If you’re part of this crowd, make sure to avoid paying interest with the right credit card. NerdWallet’s list of best credit cards for holiday shopping includes cards with 0% interest periods that may last from 9 to 21 months. There are plenty of reasons to stress over the holidays; don’t let credit card interest be one of them.
» MORE: Verizon Family Cell Phone Plans
Verizon 2015 Black Friday deals
In 2015, Verizon dropped a four-page ad packed with savings on not just phones, but also lots of other electronics, from portable speakers and headphones to drones and tablets. Black Friday sales started online on Thanksgiving Day, with deals continuing Friday to Monday, including a Friday special giving shoppers a $500 store credit on a smartphone trade-in for a Samsung Galaxy S6.
Verizon Black Friday highlights included:
- $100 off retail price on select Android smartphones and $300 credit for trading in any smartphone Friday through Sunday.
- Bose Soundlink Bluetooth speaker for $119.99 ($10 off).
- Beats Solo2 wireless on-ear headphones for $249.99 ($50 off).
- Fitbit Charge wireless activity wristband for $89.99 ($40 off).
» MORE: Verizon Prepaid Cell Phone Plans
If you like shopping at Verizon, you’ll definitely want to check out the Black Friday deals at these similar stores: Apple and AT&T. Also see our best Black Friday cell phone deals and this year’s best iPhone7 deals.
Check out our full list of 2016 ad leaks for up-to-date deal news from a wide range of retailers.
Nina Tabios is a staff writer at NerdWallet, a personal finance website. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shopping Dealfinder Newsletter
Get the best deals on Black Friday and beyond!