Best home equity loan lenders
Best home equity loan lenders for a line of credit
Home equity lines of credit, or HELOCs, offer the convenience of drawing on your home’s equity only as you need it.
Best cash-out refinance lenders
A cash-out refi can be a solid alternative to home equity lines of credit, and you’ll often find it offered with a lower, fixed interest rate. Below are two cash-out refinance lenders, but be sure to review our entire list of the best cash-out refinance lenders.
Ideal for refinancing online or in person. Loan Depot has a fully-online application process as well as hundreds of affiliated lending centers across the nation. Well-rated for low customer complaint volume, too.
Credit Union of Texas
Eligibility: Membership is open to anyone who:
- Lives and works in Dallas, Collin, or Rockwall Counties; and the Lewisville, Red Oak, and Midlothian school districts
- Is a student attending an institution of higher learning in Dallas, Collin, and Rockwall Counties (includes trade schools, junior college, and four-year colleges)
- Is a member of a school-related associations and organizations created to serve or assist public or private schools.
- Works or is a member of a qualifying company or organization
- Organizations whose members are within CUofTX’s field-of-membership.
- Is a family member of anyone eligible to join
- Is an employee of CUofTX
|First-Year Teacher Loan||To defray cost of moving until first paycheck (offered in August and September only)||12 months||0%||$2,500|
|Alternative Teacher Certification Loan||To help with certification costs||60 months||1% discount||$5,000|
|Classroom Supply Loan||To help school employees furnish classroom||12 months||?||$750|
|Teacher Retirement Buy-Back Loan||Buy back existing loans||60 months||1% discount||$20,000|
|Home Possible Neighborhood Solution Teacher Program||Purchase or refinance a mortgage with reduced insurance requirements||N/A||N/A||N/A|
A+ Federal Credit Union
Eligibility: membership is open to all Texas residents, age 18 or older.
|Klassroom Kash||To fund out-of-pocket classroom expenses||?||0%||$500|
|Teacher Home Buyers Program||Discounted rates on mortgages, including a 0.5% origination fee discount||N/A||0.25% discount||N/A|
|Bridge Loan||For newly hired school district|