Uber is launching a loyalty program to reward regular riders and customers who order food through Uber Eats. Dubbed Uber Rewards, the free-to-join program will offer credits toward future rides as well as other perks.
Here are five things you need to know:
1. Uber Rewards is launching in nine markets
The nine are Miami, New Jersey, Denver, New York, Washington, D.C., Philadelphia, Atlanta, San Diego and Tampa, Florida. More will be rolled out in the near future.
2. Earn points for every dollar you spend
For UberPool and Uber Eats purchases, you’ll earn 1 point per $1. For UberX, UberXL, Select and WAV, you’ll earn 2 points for every $1. And for Black and Black SUV, you’ll earn three points per dollar.
» Learn more: Earn Uber credits with your eligible Visa card
3. Points earn you Uber Cash
For every 500 points you earn, the company will add $5 to your Uber Cash balance. The credits can be applied to future rides and Uber Eats orders.
4. There are four membership levels
Blue is the basic tier. When you’ve earned 500 points, you’re automatically promoted to Gold, with priority customer support and refunded cancellation fees if you cancel and rebook a trip within 15 minutes.
Platinum status kicks in at 2,500 points, at which point you’ll also get priority airport pickup and price protection during surge times.
The top tier, Diamond, comes with the added benefits of free surprise upgrades, 24/7 customer support and access to top-rated drivers.
5. Membership tiers reset every six months
Twice a year you’ll be bumped back to Blue status and have to start over earning points toward elite tiers.
How to maximize your rewardsYou want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2019, including those best for:
- Airline miles and a large bonus: The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- No annual fee: The Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card
- Flat-rate rewards with no annual fee: The Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card
- Premium travel rewards: The Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Luxury perks: The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Business travelers: The Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
Get more Uber Cash with American Express partnership
Rideshare insurance for drivers: Where to buy, what it covers
5 ways to get a car to drive for Uber or Lyft