Frontier Airlines is one of the most affordable airlines in the U.S. And members of the free Frontier Miles program earn miles for each flight purchased.
Now, earning — and using — rewards miles from these flights can happen even faster with points pooling. While Frontier Airlines calls it “family pooling,” you don’t have to be related to sign up and start benefiting.
How it works
- One Frontier Miles member opens the family pool and becomes the “head” of the pool.
- Add up to eight friends and family to join the pool.
- The head can redeem miles for reward tickets once there are enough points in the pool.
What’s the catch?
Not everyone has access to family pooling. In fact, there are two specific ways to be eligible for family pooling:
- Reach Elite 20K status with Frontier. This requires 20,000 status-qualifying miles or 25 segments.
- Open The Frontier Airlines World MasterCard®.
This seems most beneficial for families, as the name would suggest. Others who might benefit are those who have friends who don’t fly Frontier often and are willing to basically donate their miles. In any case, this is a quick way to earn redemption tickets faster.
NerdWallet does not guarantee promotions, flights, routes or dates. They are subject to change or expiration.
How to maximize your rewardsYou want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2019, including those best for:
- Airline miles and a large bonus: The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- No annual fee: The Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card
- Flat-rate rewards with no annual fee: The Bank of America® Travel Rewards Visa® credit card
- Premium travel rewards: The Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Luxury perks: The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Business travelers: The Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
Priceline’s top 15 millennial travel destinations
Fall 2018 hotel points promotions: Which ones are worth your time?
How to snag credit card rewards flights in peak season