Cathay Pacific’s Asia Miles program is offering 20% off flight redemption for select routes through Aug. 26, 2019. If you’ve been looking to experience all Hong Kong has to offer, this sale could be a great opportunity. It applies to selected routes between Hong Kong and destinations in the U.S. and Europe. The sale is limited to economy class tickets.
There are restrictions on travel dates, making this promotion best for those with flexible travel schedules. The travel periods start Oct. 1, 2019 and stretch to Dec. 13, 2019, depending on the route you’re flying. Blackout dates apply on the routes between Hong Kong and Zurich (Oct. 30, 2019 to Nov. 5, 2019).
|Flights between Hong Kong and:||Regular miles for one-way economy class ticket||Discounted miles for one-way economy class ticket||For flights between|
|Boston||42,000||33,600||Oct. 1, 2019 - Dec. 13, 2019|
|Los Angeles||30,000||24,000||Oct. 20, 2019 - Nov. 30, 2019|
|New York (Newark)||42,000||33,600||Oct. 8, 2019 - Nov. 30, 2019|
|San Francisco||30,000||24,000||Oct. 20, 2019 - Nov. 30, 2019|
|Washington, D.C.||42,000||33,600||Oct. 8, 2019 - Nov. 30, 2019|
|Seattle||30,000||24,000||Oct. 20, 2019 - Dec. 13, 2019|
|Amsterdam||30,000||24,000||Oct. 1, 2019 - Oct. 30, 2019|
|Dublin||30,000||24,000||Nov. 6, 2019 - Nov. 30, 2019|
|Frankfurt||30,000||24,000||Nov. 6, 2019 - Nov. 30, 2019|
|Zurich||30,000||24,000||Oct. 14, 2019 – Nov. 30, 2019|
How to get Asia Miles fast
Even if you haven’t earned Asia Miles from flying Cathay Pacific or its Oneworld partners, there are ways to amass those miles quickly.
- Asia Miles can be transferred at a 1:1 rate from American Express Membership Rewards and Citi ThankYou Rewards.
- Capital One miles transfer to Asia Miles at a 2:1.5 ratio.
- Customers in the Brex Exclusive rewards program can transfer rewards 1:1 to Asia Miles. For Brex customers who aren’t part of Brex Exclusive, the transfer value is 1.5:1.
If you have large point balances in any of those programs, a simple transfer could have you on your way to Hong Kong.
How to maximize your rewardsYou want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2019, including those best for:
- Airline miles and a large bonus: The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- No annual fee: The Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card
- Flat-rate rewards with no annual fee: The Bank of America® Travel Rewards Visa® credit card
- Premium travel rewards: The Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Luxury perks: The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Business travelers: The Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
Find the best travel credit card for you
Brex card adds airline transfer partners to its rewards program
4 great ways to maximize the new Brex transfer partnerships