» This offer has expired
The offer described in this article has expired. See our full review of the American Airlines AAdvantage program for current information.
Earn 20,000 bonus miles by booking a trip to select South American destinations exclusively through American Airlines Vacations before Sept. 30.
This offer is on top of the 1,000 bonus miles that come with the booking of any American Airlines Vacations package.
Also, this is a terrific way to earn bonus miles, so make sure to use a great travel credit card to get the most out of your reservation. This offer is not valid on existing reservations, and your hotel stay must match the length of the trip. These points will be added to your AAdvantage account six to eight weeks after your stay.
NerdWallet does not guarantee promotions, prices, routes or dates. They are subject to change or expiration.
How to maximize your rewardsYou want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2020, including those best for:
- Airline miles and a large bonus: The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- No annual fee: The Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card
- Flat-rate rewards with no annual fee: The Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card
- Premium travel rewards: The Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Luxury perks: The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Business travelers: The Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
Don’t let hidden hotel fees spoil your stay
How credit card rewards rates stack up
American Airlines AAdvantage program: The complete guide