Through a targeted offer that’s good till Dec. 12, 2018, you can now earn enough Starbucks stars to get almost four free drinks by reloading your Starbucks balance with Chase Pay. Check your Starbucks app to see if you are eligible.
Here’s how you can earn 475 Starbucks bonus stars:
- Reload your Starbucks balance with Chase Pay through the Starbucks app. Starbucks is pushing customers to use its app to pay for orders, so make sure you have the Starbucks app on your phone to use during checkout.
- Reload with $20 three times by Dec. 12, 2018. If you load $60 at once you won’t receive the full points total. Each of the three times you reload your card, more bonus stars will appear in your Starbucks Rewards account.
- You’ll get the bonus stars in three spurts. The first award will be 125 bonus stars, the second will earn you 150, and the final award will give you 200 bonus stars.
- Every 125 stars equal one free item. So 475 bonus stars will leave you 25 stars short of a free drink. But you can spend $13 of the amount you reloaded to your Starbucks card to earn the remaining stars needed for a fourth free purchase.
- You’ll receive stars in the traditional way on top of bonus stars. You’ll earn two stars for every dollar spent. If you spend the $60 you loaded onto your card through Chase Pay, you will earn another 120 points.
How to maximize your rewardsYou want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2020, including those best for:
- Airline miles and a large bonus: The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- No annual fee: The Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card
- Flat-rate rewards with no annual fee: The Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card
- Premium travel rewards: The Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Luxury perks: The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Business travelers: The Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
Travel rewards bucket list: Showering on a plane
Chase 5/24 rule explained
This strategy is how I started earning major travel rewards