Check out Southwest Airlines’ latest sale for one-way flights from $59 – $99.
Availability is limited but book before Oct. 25, 2018, at 11:59 p.m. in the time zone of the originating city to get the deal. With Southwest Airlines, travelers receive two checked bags so you get a great overall value on these trips.
Some of the deals include:
- Atlanta to Detroit: $79+
- Baltimore to Boston Logan: $59+
- Denver to Lubbock, Texas: $59+
- Minneapolis to Nashville: $99+
- Salt Lake City to Los Angeles: $84+
- Seattle to San Jose: $69+
- Spokane to Las Vegas: $99+
» Learn more: 9 easy ways to earn travel rewards you’ll actually use
How to get the deal for travel within the continental U.S.
- Book by Oct. 25, 2018.
- Book 14 days in advance of the flight.
- Travel from Oct. 30, 2018 – Mar. 6, 2019.
How to get the deal for travel to/from Puerto Rico
- Book by Oct. 25, 2018.
- Book 21 days in advance of the flight.
- Travel from Nov. 6 to Dec. 6, 2018, or Jan. 14 – Feb 28, 2019.
NerdWallet does not guarantee promotions, prices or dates. They are subject to change or expiration.
How to maximize your rewardsYou want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2018, including those best for:
- Airline miles and a large bonus: Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card (Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®).
- Flat-rate travel rewards: Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card (Earn unlimited 2 miles per dollar on every purchase).
- Premium travel rewards: Chase Sapphire Reserve® (Get 3 points per dollar on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide and 1 point per dollar on all other purchases).
- No annual fee: Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card (Earn unlimited 1.5 points per dollar spent on all purchases, with no annual fee).
- Luxury perks: The Platinum Card® from American Express (Get 5 points per dollar on flights booked directly with airlines or through American Express Travel, plus get access to the Global Lounge Collection). Terms Apply.
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
Travel rewards bucket list: Showering on a plane
How I flew for free: Round trip NYC to India using Chase Ultimate Rewards
This strategy is how I started earning major travel rewards