Book by 1 p.m. Pacific time June 28 to nab $49-per-night hotel rooms in eight major U.S. cities via the Hotwire Effect XL Sale.
The sale, which kicked off today, slashes the price of 4- and 5-star hotels in Austin, Texas; Los Angeles; Chicago; New York; Orlando, Florida; Miami; and Washington, D.C. Travel must be completed by July 8, and the $49 price tag only applies to a traveler’s first two nights.
The cities included in the sale are:
- San Francisco (vs. average $189/night): Save $140
- Austin (vs. average $179/night): Save $130
- Los Angeles (vs. average $179/night): Save $130
- Chicago (vs. average $169/night): Save $120
- New York (vs. average $167/night): Save $118
- Orlando (vs. average $140/night): Save $91
- Miami (vs. average $139/night): Save $90
- Washington D.C. (vs. average $133/night): Save $84
NerdWallet does not guarantee these prices, locations or dates. They are subject to change or expiration.
How to maximize your rewardsYou want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2020, including those best for:
- Airline miles and a large bonus: The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- No annual fee: The Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card
- Flat-rate rewards with no annual fee: The Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card
- Premium travel rewards: The Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Luxury perks: The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Business travelers: The Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
Don’t Let Hidden Hotel Fees Spoil Your Stay
How to snag credit card rewards flights in peak season
Narrow Down Your Next Trip With These 4 Questions