This article is being updated.
The Chase Ultimate Rewards® program is a favorite for many, especially frequent travelers. There are several ways to redeem points for rewards — including transferring points to hotel and airline partners; booking hotels, flights and travel packages through the Chase Ultimate Rewards® travel portal; and cashing in points for gift cards and cash back. If you’re planning to get a Chase travel credit card or if you already have one, you’ll want to make sure that you’re maximizing your earning potential.
If you already do a lot of shopping online, you’ll appreciate the Chase Ultimate Rewards® Shop Through Chase portal. If you find a retailer that you love to shop at in the portal, you’ll be able to earn bonus points on spending you already planned on doing. Keep reading to see how to use this tool to maximize your points.
Be sure to shop through the Chase portal
Using the Chase Ultimate Rewards® Shop Through Chase portal is easy. As long as you have a Chase card, you’ll be able to access it. All you need to do is go to the Chase website like you normally would to pay a bill or check your statements. Log in with your username and password. You can also visit the Chase Ultimate Rewards® website and log in there. If you have multiple credit Chase credit cards, you’ll want to select one card before continuing.
Once logged in, click “Earn Bonus Points” in the top menu section. This will take you to the Shop Through Chase portal, where you can do your regular online shopping. You’ll see different offers listed. Each store will have its own bonus point offer listed. Once you find a store you want to shop at, click “Shop Now.” A new tab will open, bringing you to the official store website. Begin shopping as you usually would, and you’ll earn bonus points on your purchase.
It’s that simple to earn extra points while doing your regular shopping. You’ll find a variety of retailers listed in the Shop Through Chase portal — including clothing brands, sporting goods brands, electronic stores, home improvement stores, beauty brands and more.
Helpful tips for a better shopping experience
The following tips can make your shopping experience better and help you get the most points possible.
- Make sure that your browser has cookies enabled. This is how Chase tracks your shopping so you earn your bonus points. If you don’t do this, you may miss out.
- Don’t use coupon codes or other special offers found outside of the Chase Ultimate Rewards® Shop Through Chase portal. Doing this could make you ineligible to earn bonus points on your purchase.
- Don’t use just any credit card to do your shopping; think about which credit card would be best for your purchase. For example, if making a travel purchase within the Shop Through Chase portal, the Chase Sapphire Reserve® earns 3 points per $1 spent on travel expenses. Plus, you’ll earn extra bonus points depending on what the retailer is offering within the portal.
- Points may take some time to show up in your account. Chase notes that “typically bonus points are shown on your Rewards Activity page within 3-5 business days after your purchase is completed. In some instances, it may take up to two billing cycles for the bonus points to post to your account, depending on the merchant.”
- You can sort offers within the portal by highest earning potential. This can serve as inspiration as to where to shop next. Once in the portal, click on “All Stores” and choose to sort by “Earn Rate.”
- Get in the habit of checking the Shop Through Chase portal regularly. Chase rotates retailers, and the bonus point offers change often.
» Learn more: Chase Ultimate Rewards®: How to earn and use them
The next time you plan to make a purchase online, make sure that you use the Shop Through Chase portal to maximize your Chase Ultimate Rewards® points earning potential.
How to maximize your rewardsYou want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2020, including those best for:
- Airline miles and a large bonus: The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- No annual fee: The Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card
- Flat-rate rewards with no annual fee: The Bank of America® Travel Rewards Visa® credit card
- Premium travel rewards: The Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Luxury perks: The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Business travelers: The Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
Find the best travel credit card for you
The 5 best Chase Ultimate Rewards® transfer partners — and 4 to avoid
How cash-back sites give you money for shopping