» This offer has expired
The offer described in this article expired on October 15, 2018. See our complete guide to the United MileagePlus program for more information.
It’s a good time to be a MileagePlus member: Earn up to 1,500 bonus miles by shopping through the MileagePlus Shopping mall. This promotion ends on Oct. 15, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern.
To get the bonus miles
- Enroll in the United Airline MileagePlus program
- Shop in the MileagePlus Shopping mall
- Get 500 MileagePlus miles when you spend $150
- Get 1,500 MileagePlus miles when you spend $350
You can only receive one of the bonus amounts one time. While this offer isn’t landmark, it’s still a way to earn bonus points that can help you get to your next trip sooner. So if you already have a big purchase in mind, see if you can purchase it through the MileagePlus Shopping mall.
Another way to earn more MileagePlus miles is with a travel credit card, like the United℠ Explorer Card, which rewards cardholders with 2 MileagePlus miles per dollar spent on United purchases, 2 miles per dollar spent on restaurant purchases and hotel stays, and 1 mile per dollar spent on everything else.
NerdWallet does not guarantee promotions or prices. They are subject to change or expiration.
How to maximize your rewardsYou want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2020, including those best for:
- Airline miles and a large bonus: The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- No annual fee: The Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card
- Flat-rate rewards with no annual fee: The Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card
- Premium travel rewards: The Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Luxury perks: The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Business travelers: The Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
Priceline’s top 15 millennial travel destinations
Fall 2018 hotel points promotions: Which ones are worth your time?
How to snag credit card rewards flights in peak season