It’s a good time to be a MileagePlus member: Earn up to 1,500 bonus miles by shopping through the MileagePlus Shopping mall. This promotion ends on Oct. 15, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern.
To get the bonus miles
- Enroll in the United Airline MileagePlus program
- Shop in the MileagePlus Shopping mall
- Get 500 MileagePlus miles when you spend $150
- Get 1,500 MileagePlus miles when you spend $350
You can only receive one of the bonus amounts one time. While this offer isn’t landmark, it’s still a way to earn bonus points that can help you get to your next trip sooner. So if you already have a big purchase in mind, see if you can purchase it through the MileagePlus Shopping mall.
Another way to earn more MileagePlus miles is with a travel credit card, like the United℠ Explorer Card, which rewards cardholders with 2 MileagePlus miles per dollar spent on United purchases, 2 miles per dollar spent on restaurant purchases and hotel stays, and 1 mile per dollar spent on everything else.
NerdWallet does not guarantee promotions or prices. They are subject to change or expiration.
How to maximize your rewardsYou want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2018, including those best for:
- Airline miles and a large bonus: Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card (Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®).
- Flat-rate travel rewards: Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card (Earn unlimited 2 miles per dollar on every purchase).
- Premium travel rewards: Chase Sapphire Reserve® (Get 3 points per dollar on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide and 1 point per dollar on all other purchases).
- No annual fee: Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card (Earn unlimited 1.5 points per dollar spent on all purchases, with no annual fee).
- Luxury perks: The Platinum Card® from American Express (Get 5 points per dollar on flights booked directly with airlines or through American Express Travel, plus get access to the Global Lounge Collection). Terms Apply.
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
Priceline’s top 15 millennial travel destinations
Fall 2018 hotel points promotions: Which ones are worth your time?
How to snag credit card rewards flights in peak season