» This offer has expired
The offer described in this article has expired. See our full review of the Southwest program for current information.
Here’s what you need to know if you’re in California or if you’re traveling to California and then want to fly to multiple cities within the state:
- The airports included in the deal are Burbank, Long Beach, Los Angeles, Oakland, Ontario/LA, Orange County/Santa Ana, Sacramento, San Diego, San Francisco and San Jose. Some airports have more deals than others: For instance, Orange County/Santa Ana only has one, while Oakland and San Jose have five.
- The end of the sale is based on Pacific time. Don’t fret if you’re on the East Coast and aren’t able grab a ticket before 11:59 p.m. tonight. You’ll have another three hours to buy a ticket.
- Advance purchase is required. You have to book flights 21 days in advance for travel between Sept. 11, 2018, and Feb. 13, 2019.
- There are other restrictions. You have to travel on a Tuesday or Wednesday, and only on nonstop routes. The deal is not valid for these blackout dates: Nov. 20-21, Nov. 24-26, Dec. 21-23, Dec. 26-27, Dec. 29-30, 2018, and Jan. 1-2 2019.
- Check out West Coast deals for Alaska Airlines, too. Flights from several West Coast cities are on sale on the Alaska Airlines website until Sept. 3 for travel between Sept. 12 and Dec. 12, 2018. The routes and prices for one-way travel are: Oakland to Kona, Hawaii, for $199, Portland to Las Vegas for $89, Las Vegas to Los Angeles for $51, Seattle to Los Angeles for $79, San Diego to Los Cabos, Mexico, for $107, and Seattle to San Jose for $74. Check for restrictions including advance purchase and travel blackout dates.
» Learn More: Find the best airline credit card for you
Restrictions apply. NerdWallet does not guarantee these prices, routes or dates. They are subject to change or expiration. Terms and conditions apply.
How to maximize your rewardsYou want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2020, including those best for:
- Airline miles and a large bonus: The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- No annual fee: The Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card
- Flat-rate rewards with no annual fee: The Bank of America® Travel Rewards Visa® credit card
- Premium travel rewards: The Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Luxury perks: The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Business travelers: The Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
Don’t let hidden hotel fees spoil your stay
How to snag credit card rewards flights in peak season
Narrow down your next trip with these 4 questions