American Express is offering select credit cardholders a new promotion through AmEx offers, a program that offers a chance to earn perks and rewards when making purchases with enrolled cards. If your AmEx credit card is eligible for a targeted Marriott hotel offer, you can get a $60 statement credit if you charge at least $300 on reservation and room charges to your card on certain dates.
Here’s what the offer looks like:
Here’s what you need to know to take advantage of this targeted offer:
Confirm that your card is eligible for the offer: You’ll want to regularly check AmEx Offers for deals, so here’s how to find them. After you log in to your account, go to the bottom of your account summary page to see which offers are available and select the one you want. The rewards can be in the form of cash bonuses or additional rewards points.
You have to add the offer to your card and fulfill the minimum spending requirement: You have to add the offer to an eligible card before using it to book at a participating Marriott hotel and spending a minimum of $300 on reservation and room charges. After all, you don’t want to lose $60 just because you didn’t click the “Add to Offer” sign-up button before making your booking.
Check the eligible dates to charge your card: The promotion can be used only if your reservation and room costs are charged to your credit card between Aug. 27 and Oct. 25, 2018. So it’s likely that you might be able to take advantage for a reservation for a stay after Oct. 25 as long as you can prepay for the booking by that deadline. Check with Marriott for more information. Reserving a room with your card but not fully paying the required amount until checkout on or after Oct. 26 will void the deal.
Make sure your booking is for a qualified domestic hotel: Only certain Marriott properties in the United States and U.S. territories qualify for the offer. The participating brands are JW Marriott, Autograph Collection, Renaissance Hotels, Marriott Hotels, Delta Hotels, Gaylord Hotels, AC Hotels by Marriott, Courtyard by Marriott, Residence Inn, SpringHill Suites, Fairfield Inn by Marriott, TownePlace Suites and Moxy Hotels.
Read the fine print: This offer is good only if you book online through the Marriott website, via the company’s mobile app or by calling its reservations department at 888-236-2427. Certain purchases, such as gift certificates, travel packages and international bookings, are not eligible for this offer.
How to maximize your rewardsYou want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2018, including those best for:
- Airline miles and a large bonus: Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card (Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®).
- Flat-rate travel rewards: Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card (Earn unlimited 2 miles per dollar on every purchase).
- Premium travel rewards: Chase Sapphire Reserve® (Get 3 points per dollar on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide and 1 point per dollar on all other purchases).
- No annual fee: Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card (Earn unlimited 1.5 points per dollar spent on all purchases, with no annual fee).
- Luxury perks: The Platinum Card® from American Express (Get 5 points per dollar on flights booked directly with airlines or through American Express Travel, plus get access to the Global Lounge Collection). Terms Apply.
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
Marriott Rewards program: The complete guide
Book these 5 Starwood hotels after Aug. 18
Don’t let hidden hotel fees spoil your stay