Considering switching your phone service to Google Fi? You can earn a travel gift card for the same price as your new device as part of a limited, one-day deal.
Here’s what you need to know:
- The promotion expires at 11:59 p.m. Pacific on Nov. 28, 2018 or while supplies last.
- You must be a U.S. resident.
- New customers who transfer from an existing phone number on another carrier and were not Google Fi subscribers as of 12:00 a.m. Pacific on Nov. 28, 2018 are eligible. Current customers just have to purchase a qualifying device.
- The travel gift certificate issued by Tango works with travel partners including Airbnb, Delta Air Lines, Hotels.com and Southwest Airlines.
- You must meet specific conditions or the travel gift certificate won’t be issued. These conditions include that the phone must be activated within 15 days of the device shipment and must remain active for 60 of the first 75 days post-shipment. If Fi service is paused for more than a week or canceled within 120 days of activation, you could end up with the gift card price charged to your Google account.
- Limit of one gift certificate per person.
NerdWallet does not guarantee prices, promotions or rates. Terms and conditions may apply.
How to maximize your rewardsYou want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2019, including those best for:
- Airline miles and a large bonus: The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- No annual fee: The Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card
- Flat-rate rewards with no annual fee: The Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card
- Premium travel rewards: The Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Luxury perks: The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Business travelers: The Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
Google Fi cell phone plans
Best travel credit cards of 2018
This strategy is how I started earning major travel rewards