United Airlines wants you to hit the Telluride, Colorado, slopes as often as possible this winter.
The airline — which already provides twice-weekly flights on Saturday and Sunday from Newark International Airport to Montrose Regional Airport — will significantly increase that number for the upcoming ski season.
From Jersey to Colorado. Every day.
Starting Dec. 19, 2018, United will add daily flights between Newark and Montrose Regional Airport. That’s right. No more waiting until the weekend. Want to grab a Tuesday morning flight so you can be skiing in Telluride by that afternoon? You can.
The new schedule is as follows:
- Daily flights from Dec. 19, 2018 – Jan. 6, 2019 and from Feb. 16 – March 30, 2019.
- Saturday and Sunday flights will be available from Jan. 12 to Feb. 10, 2019.
San Francisco gets in on the fun
It’s not just Northeasterners who are getting a shot at additional flights to Colorado this ski season. West Coast-based ski fanatics can rejoice because United is taking care of you, too. The airline is upping its flights from San Francisco to Montrose Regional Airport from three times per week to daily, between Dec. 19. 2018 – Jan. 6, 2019.
More and more
This increase in flights to Telluride is part of an upward trend for the skiing destination. Since 2015, there has been a 28% increase in the total number of airline seats serving the area’s two airports (Montrose Regional Airport and Telluride Regional Airport).
How to maximize your rewardsYou want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2019, including those best for:
- Airline miles and a large bonus: The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- No annual fee: The Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card
- Flat-rate rewards with no annual fee: The Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card
- Premium travel rewards: The Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Luxury perks: The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Business travelers: The Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
How to make the most of your priority pass this winter
Your money-saving guide to holiday vacations (or staycations)
Priceline’s top 15 millennial travel destinations