Set aside your favorite travel credit card for a second and stop thinking about points and miles. Trust me, this promotion is worth it.
Think you know the hardest working person in America?
Someone who ends every year with unused vacation days or whose job doesn’t come with benefits like paid time off? Or maybe a parent or caregiver who doesn’t even know what a vacation day feels like?
United Airlines is giving one hard-working American (and a guest) a vacation in Tahiti that has the approximate retail value of $21,235.
And, yes, you can nominate yourself.
The winner will receive the following items for two travelers:
- Tickets to San Francisco International Airport from the winner’s current location.
- Access to the United Polaris Lounge at SFO airport.
- United Polaris business class seats from San Francisco to Tahiti.
- 3-night stay at the InterContinental Tahiti Resort and Spa.
- 2-night stay at the InterContinental Moorea Resort and Spa.
- 2-night stay at the Hotel Maitai Rangiroa.
- Transportation between islands.
- An excursion.
- A $2,000 prepaid card for meals and other expenses.
This contest helps kick off the United Airlines nonstop service between San Francisco and Papeete, Tahiti. This route will operate three times a week from Oct. 30, 2018, to March 28, 2019, with the Boeing 787-8 aircraft.
» MORE: How to snag credit card rewards flights in peak season
The fine print
In addition to these basic rules, the judging breakdown posted by United is that 50% of the score is based on how compelling the story is, 25% of the score is based on the submission’s relevance to the theme (why this person is the hardest working person in America), and 25% is based on originality. Submissions will be judged in partnership with Project Time Off.
- This is open to legal residents of the United States 18 years or older.
- Submit a short essay (under 300 words) to United explaining why you or the person you’re nominating deserves to win.
- Only one entry per nominator/email address is allowed for the entire promotion period. Nominees may be nominated more than once as long as the nominator is different.
- The entry deadline is 11:59 p.m. CST Sept. 25, 2018.
- The winner will be notified on or around Oct. 11, 2018.
- Travelers are responsible for valid government issued photo IDs and passports.
The full rules of the contest can be found here.
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
United Airlines MileagePlus program: The complete guide
What the new United Explorer Card means for you
How to get started with frequent flyer programs