La Quinta Returns Elite members can now match their status with Wyndham Rewards. As part of Wyndham Hotels & Resorts purchase of La Quinta, the loyalty programs are offering a status match ahead of merging in 2019.
For guests with Gold or Elite status, this match is an easy way to ensure benefits are recognized across both brands and also earn bonus status at Caesars Entertainment Total Rewards. This is especially valuable for active duty military, veterans and military spouses who automatically receive La Quinta Returns Gold status through its Military Rewards program.
» Learn more: Military members can get 0% APR and waived fees with these credit cards
Aligning two loyalty programs
After purchasing La Quinta hotels earlier this year, Wyndham went to work to make sure regular guests of both programs could use their points at both hotel chains. The hotelier is allowing guests to link their accounts and transfer points at a 1:1 ratio.
» Learn more: Cash back or hotel points — which makes more sense for your lifestyle?
By linking La Quinta Returns and Wyndham Rewards accounts, guests can also match their status in both programs. La Quinta Returns Gold or Military Gold members will be matched to Wyndham Rewards Gold, while La Quinta Returns Elite or Military Elite members will be matched to Wyndham Rewards Platinum. Wyndham isn’t extending the status match to their highest tier, Diamond.
After linking and status matching is complete, members will have access to similar benefits and bonuses at about 9,000 hotels worldwide. The La Quinta acquisition gives Wyndham an additional 900 midscale hotels in their brand.
How to maximize your rewardsYou want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2018, including those best for:
- Airline miles and a large bonus: Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card (Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®).
- Flat-rate travel rewards: Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card (Earn unlimited 2 miles per dollar on every purchase).
- Premium travel rewards: Chase Sapphire Reserve® (Get 3 points per dollar on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide and 1 point per dollar on all other purchases).
- No annual fee: Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card (Earn unlimited 1.5 points per dollar spent on all purchases, with no annual fee).
- Luxury perks: The Platinum Card® from American Express (Get 5 points per dollar on flights booked directly with airlines or through American Express Travel, plus get access to the Global Lounge Collection). Terms Apply.
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
7 Guaranteed Ways to Find Cheap Hotel Rooms
Don’t Let Hidden Hotel Fees Spoil Your Stay
Check In to Your Hotel Room, Then Check It Out for Safety