- No credit check necessary to apply. OpenSky believes in giving an opportunity to everyone.
- The refundable* deposit you provide becomes your credit line limit on your Visa card. Choose it yourself, from as low as $200.
- Build credit quickly. OpenSky reports to all 3 major credit bureaus.
- 99% of our customers who started without a credit score earned a credit score record with the credit bureaus in as little as 6 months.
- We have a Facebook community of people just like you; there is a forum for shared experiences, and insights from others on our Facebook Fan page. (Search “OpenSky Card” in Facebook.)
- OpenSky provides credit tips and a dedicated credit education page on our website to support you along the way.
- *View our Cardholder Agreement located at the bottom of the application page for details of the card.
APR: 18.64% Variable APR
Penalty APR: Up to 22.50%, Variable
Cash Advance APR: 18.64%, Variable
There are other secured credit cards with lower annual fees, higher credit limits, and smaller minimum deposits. But the OpenSky® Secured Visa® Credit Card has two major benefits that set it apart: There is no credit check for applicants, and you do not need a bank account.
This means the card is accessible to people with extremely low credit scores, people with no credit history at all, and people who don't have access to a bank account. The only catch is that your monthly income must be higher than your monthly expenses. As long as you meet that requirement, approval is very likely.
NerdWallet reviews are the result of independent research by our editorial team while cardholder reviews are contributions from independent users not affiliated with NerdWallet. Banks, issuers and credit card companies are not responsible for any content posted on the NerdWallet site, nor do they endorse or guarantee any posted comments or reviews.