Data Analyst (Product)
NerdWallet is seeking a data-driven and analytical professional for our Data Analytics team. This individual will focus on providing digital data solutions and innovations to help grow our business. Successful candidates will partner with Product teams to uncover data-driven insights, and will be expected to understand and contribute to all aspects of NerdWallet's data. Ideal candidates will be passionate, flexible and interested in the power of FinTech to improve consumers' lives. We are looking for analytical nerds across multiple levels from Analyst to Senior Analyst, so if you feel like this is an exciting opportunity we would love to hear from you.
Where you can make an impact:
- Drive highly visible analytic projects for NerdWallet Product such as targeting users with personalized financial products, persisting a user-tailored shopping experience across site visits, and running tests to improve early user retention.
- Partner with Product to understand business strategy, challenges and goals, and discover areas for opportunity.
- Work alongside Product and Engineering counterparts to ensure proper tracking of instrumentation of new products or features
- Serve as a leader in defining metric calculations; partner with BI Engineers on development of self-serve dashboards to monitor KPIs and success metrics.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with sister analytics teams at NerdWallet to leverage shared platforms, best practices, insights and innovations.
- Surface insights and present results to business leaders using a variety of tools – Tableau/Looker, Office Suite slides, spreadsheets, etc.
- Highly productive: Work independently on a day-to-day basis. This role is intended for somebody who will take meaningful responsibility and initiative for our business metrics.
- Structured thinker: Understand the key drivers to our business and identify how to modify them to improve business metrics.
- Consumer-first and positive thinker: You're motivated to work hard in a fast-paced environment – business decisions here can connect and impact millions of users.
- Expert multi-tasker and prioritizer: Experience (and preferably an enjoyment of) balancing numerous different priorities and demands.
- Positive and adaptable: Demonstrates flexibility and constructive attitude in face of shifting business needs and personal responsibilities.
- BA/BS degree, Masters a plus- preferably in a quantitative field like Math, Statistics or Economics
- 1-4+ years of experience in a quantitative role, preferably at a consumer technology company
- Solid understanding of customer-centric Product analysis
- Strong communication skills and the ability to explain complex analyses to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proficient to expert in SQL and handling big data (experience with Python or other scripting languages is a plus)
- Experience with BI tools (Tableau, Looker, Qlikview, etc.)
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- 401(k) with company match
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employee and their dependents
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Commuter, gym and cell phone stipend
- $500 enrichment stipend towards learning and development for your role
- Catered lunches daily, free dinner, and kitchens stocked full of snacks
- Onsite coffee bar with baristas
- Company happy hours, social events and outings
- Generous, flexible vacation
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.