Back End Engineer (India)
At NerdWallet, we are passionate about building delightful user experiences and creating consumer products that impact millions of users. We are looking for a Backend Engineer for the Platforms team to help us build and scale systems that power NerdWallet’s various personalized products through user profiles, communications platforms, personalized recommendations and intersystem communications.
In this role, you will work on a 6-7 people Engineering team as an individual contributor and report to the Engineering Manager.
Where you can make an impact:
- Design and build highly available systems, micro services and platform layers that scale to millions of users.
- Architect and develop new features for existing systems to handle our increasing demands for user growth.
- Do the right thing: We invest time to build beautiful software with unit and integration tests and great documentation.
- 3 - 7 years of experience developing complex distributed systems and working with large databases (SQL / NoSQL).
- Hands-on expert with Python, Node.js, Java, or other modern programming languages.
- Strong at data structures, system design, database schema and query design, and memory management in large scale distributed systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (preferably Computer Science) or a related field.
- An active Github profile will be an added bonus.
- Enjoy building and maintaining backend systems like identity management, communication platforms, recommendation systems and pipelines with high data-flow.
- Love the challenges that come with building large scale systems that serve information 24/7 for its rapidly growing user base.
- Believe in well-written code, test coverage and documentation.
- Relentlessly improve yourself -- read code, review technical design specs and refactor code.
- Enjoy working with a “semi-remote” team (group of engineers in San Francisco, USA).
- Can work efficiently with minimal oversight and communicates effectively with both engineers and non-technical folks.
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.