Full Stack Engineer (India)
At NerdWallet, we are passionate about building delightful user experiences and creating consumer products that impact millions of users. We are looking for talented Senior Full Stack Engineers who will help us innovate and shape our products and services as we expand into new verticals. Our engineers are dedicated to changing how consumers interact with their finances and work in partnership with product owners and designers to evolve our product into a clean and seamless experience. The successful candidate enjoys building beautiful interfaces and connecting them to complex back end systems. You will be a crucial member of our engineering team and help design, build, and maintain systems necessary to continue our rapid growth.
NerdWallet Engineering offers a culture of constant learning and knowledge sharing; we are passionate about metrics and experimentation. Engineers are organized into cross-functional multidisciplinary teams and work closely with stakeholders. Our stack is based on Python and React, and we continue to expand our toolbox to use the best technologies for the job.
Where you can make an impact:
- Design and lead the development of high-performance, secure, scalable and delightful consumer-first experiences that improve the lives for millions of users.
- Build out the service architecture that interfaces the front-end stack to seamlessly talk to our identity services, data layer or business partner APIs.
- Architect, develop and drive improvements to our evolving backend and frontend infrastructure.
- Implement product features that have a direct impact on user engagement and monetization.
- Customer focused: You are passionate about creating web applications that improve the lives for millions of users and building delightful user experiences.
- Communication and collaboration: You are able to work effectively with others. You will be working closely with other engineers, designers, product managers, user research scientists and customer groups to build product features and high quality products.
- Leadership: You have demonstrated feature development ownership, can lead by example and enjoy mentoring and inspiring other engineers.
- High-energy, company first, positive attitude: Must be motivated to work hard in a fast-paced environment.
- 5+ years of engineering experience with a proven track record of building consumer web applications or services.
- Experience in building highly scalable web services and building/using RESTful APIs and proficiency in Node.js, Python, Ruby or PHP.
- Experience with Express.js and React/Flux/Redux a plus.
- Strong understanding, building and debugging of scalable, high performance web applications built with reusability and componentization in mind.
- Familiarity with Single Page Application Frameworks (React, Angular, Backbone), responsive design and MVC design patterns.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field preferred. You should be able to demonstrate superior understanding of CS fundamentals.
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.