Business Intelligence Engineer
We are seeking a data driven BI Engineer that enjoys working in a team environment and thrives on creating scalable data applications. The right person for this role is responsible for the full life cycle development, implementation, production support, and performance tuning of the Enterprise Data Warehouse, Data Mart, and Business Intelligence Reporting environments, and support the integration with other applications.Members of this role understand how data is turned into information and knowledge and how the knowledge supports and enables key business processes. They must have an in-depth understanding of the business environment, and strong analytical and communication skills. Each member of the central analytics team at NerdWallet is expected to be able to lead projects and contribute new insights to the team.
Where you can make an impact:
- Create and own all Product, Content, Marketing, Design metrics and reporting/dashboards for the daily/weekly/monthly and quarterly business reviews, as well as for ad-hoc business projects.
- Propose and prioritize changes to reporting and create additional metrics and processes based on program changes and customer requirements.
- Identify and implement new capabilities and best practices to develop and improve automated data analysis processes.
- Learn and understand a growing range of NerdWallet data resources and discover how, and when to use which data sets.
- Partner closely with teams, not limited to, Data Platform and Engineering, Business Analytics, Business Operations, Product, Marketing to build dashboards and reporting solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative area such as Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience. Advanced degree in a quantitative area such as Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience a plus.
- Advanced SQL and database knowledge in a business environment with large-scale complex data sets.
- 3+ years’ experience in developing end to end business intelligence solutions, including: data warehousing and business intelligence tools, techniques and technology.
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills (including ability to effectively use business tools such as Excel, Tableau, Looker) and an ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analyses.
- Experience managing multitude of stakeholders with competing demands.
- Prior experience in identifying requirements, prioritizing and formulating business analyses and developing metrics for business decisions.
- Familiarity with S3, Redshift, EMR, Snowflake, etc.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- 401(k) with company match
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employee and their dependents
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Commuter, gym and cell phone stipend
- $500 enrichment stipend towards learning and development for your role
- Catered lunches daily, free dinner, and kitchens stocked full of snacks
- Onsite coffee bar with baristas
- Company happy hours, social events and outings
- Generous, flexible vacation
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.