IT Applications Specialist
The IT department at NerdWallet is seeking an Application Specialist to help us connect all the SaaS things. As an Application Specialist, you'll gain deep knowledge of IT and cross-functional applications and processes so you can apply integrations that enable us to grow in a secure, automated way. If you are a world-class Jamf or Okta administrator, you commit updates to your Python snippets before your first cup of coffee is cold, and your version of a good beach read is obscure API documentation, then you're the person we're looking for.
Where you can make an impact:
- Implement automation to make IT processes repeatable, scalable, and secure.
- Use standalone code, web hooks, or API integrations to automate, optimize, and connect our SaaS applications.
- Guide build vs. buy decisions for integrations and tooling for IT and other departments.
- Apply the grease of automation to the squeaky wheel of processes for IT and our cross-functional partners.
- Be a mentor and escalation point for Help Desk.
- An escalation point and mentor, working closely with the Help Desk and Infrastructure teams to guide build-vs-buy decision for IT tooling.
- Solution oriented: What you build will impact all of NerdWallet.
- Expert Jamf administration in an enterprise environment is required.
- Deep experience administering and integrating Okta (or another SSO platform) for provisioning automation.
- Expert experience with Python or bash especially as it relates to Mac administration.
- Strong experience with code management (i.e. Github, Bitbucket).
- Can define, drive, and deliver complex projects.
- Deep understanding of SSO and a strong security background.
- Experience with GCP, API integration, AWS, G Suite, Google Apps Script. Can choose and write using the right tool for the right job.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- 401(k) with company match
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employee and their dependents
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Commuter, gym and cell phone stipend
- $500 enrichment stipend towards learning and development for your role
- Catered lunches daily, free dinner, and kitchens stocked full of snacks
- Onsite coffee bar with baristas
- Company happy hours, social events and outings
- Generous, flexible vacation
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.