Senior QA Engineer
NerdWallet Software QA Engineers work on our cross-functional product teams to ensure successful, high quality product releases. We are looking for energetic, highly motivated, and detail-oriented engineers with strong QA skills to fill this role.
As a QA Engineer, you will drive consumer outcomes by iterating closely with engineers across the business to ensure a high-quality user experience for NerdWallet products. You will triage software defects, evaluate the quality of product features with manual and automated testing, and debug problems.
The person in this role should be a strong communicator who is able to work effectively with peers and management alike in a very fast paced environment. We are looking for someone who is flexible and can respond quickly, energetically, and enthusiastically to changes.
QA Engineers are creative engineers who like the challenge of working on multiple projects and quickly understand the goals of the project in order to ensure proper testing and validation that is required in the development process.
Where you can make an impact:
- Design and deliver risk based test plans for new features and functionality, choosing the right method of testing for each situation or phase (scenario, exploratory, scripted, automated, etc.).
- Help ensure Web, Mobile and Service platform releases adhere to deadlines while not compromising on quality.
- Pair with software engineers to identify and prevent gaps with automation/regression coverage.
- Be a reliable, friendly source of feedback on new functionality, features and process changes.
- Awe your team by uncovering, or preventing corner case defects.
- Work as part of a team of experienced QA engineers onsite/remote testing multiple software releases.
- Work closely with the onsite and offshore team members, manage test assignments and review their test/defect reports and triage them in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot issues down to the root cause and be able to create detailed bug reports.
- A strong quality advocate, collaborating closely with software engineers, designers, and product managers to release life changing products.
- Bring an end-to-end testing ability that will up-level our Quality efforts.
- You’ll be knee deep in a great mission; helping people improve their finances.
- Preparing precise Test Completion reports for Management to review and approve the release(s).
- Someone who is curious and constantly looking for opportunities to learn.
- Able to find new technologies or approaches to solve problems.
- Several years’ experience in both testing of Mobile/Web/Backend surfaces.
- Strong experience with JIRA, TestRail, Docker, Bash, Postman, SQL, PostgreSQL, and Git.
- Strong Experience working with HTTP debugging tools (e.g. Charles, Whireshark, Fiddler).
- Strong experience testing the full tech stack of products: the front end, SOAP-XML, GraphQL or RESTful API's and the backend.
- Experience with Unix CLI, GIT, CircleCI/Jenkins and health monitoring tools (e.g. Splunk, New Relic, etc).
- Familiar with infrastructure environments such AWS, Google Cloud, Docker, etc.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- 401(k) with company match
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employee and their dependents
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Commuter, gym and cell phone stipend
- $500 enrichment stipend towards learning and development for your role
- Catered lunches daily, free dinner, and kitchens stocked full of snacks
- Onsite coffee bar with baristas
- Company happy hours, social events and outings
- Generous, flexible vacation
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.