Software Engineer New Grad
NerdWallet is seeking Software Engineer New Grads who are passionate about working in a high-growth start-up environment where there are real opportunities to make a meaningful and positive impact on consumers’ financial lives. New Grad Engineers will work on a variety of technical problems (front-end, back-end, data-science, full-stack) that will impact our products which are used by millions of consumers.
As a New Grad, you will thrive in an environment where we value creativity, teamwork, and a “consumer-first” product culture. Our small teams of “Nerds” provide you with the unique opportunity to collaborate with and learn from seasoned Engineers, Product Designers and Business Owners. This will evolve our products into a delightful, efficient, and seamless experiences for our consumers. We strive to help you become a well-rounded Software Engineer and Product Innovator who embodies the unique NerdWallet culture we are proud of.
Where you can make an impact:
- Design and build web and mobile products that are performant, secure, scalable and sustainable.
- Build and extend search, machine-learning and content infrastructure that enables NerdWallet users to search for and find relevant and personalized content.
- Drive improvements to our back end, data and front end infrastructure that will scale as NerdWallet’s products and audience grow.
- Develop and extend a crowd-sourced Q&A platform that helps consumers by connecting them with subject-matter experts in personal finance.
- Build interesting tools for data quality, data integration, performance, QA and Operations (on top of AWS) that will make a positive impact on our software development process and site-operations.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field and graduating in spring or fall of 2020.
- Familiarity with technologies like React, Redux, Node.js, Express.js, ElasticSearch, Flask, MySQL/Postgres, Kafka, Redis, AWS/Redshift.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- 401(k) with company match
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employee and their dependents
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Commuter, gym and cell phone stipend
- $500 enrichment stipend towards learning and development for your role
- Catered lunches daily, free dinner, and kitchens stocked full of snacks
- Onsite coffee bar with baristas
- Company happy hours, social events and outings
- Generous, flexible vacation
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.