Senior UX Content Strategist
NerdWallet is seeking a talented Senior UX Content Strategist to join our highly collaborative team. Too often, financial language is obscure and promotional — leaving people feeling confused or, worse, manipulated. We’re changing all that with clear, approachable language and experiences that put our users first and help make personal finance refreshingly simple, human, and interesting.
As a qualified candidate, you have excellent writing skills — you’re succinct, clear, engaging — and understand how content affects the usability of a product, app, landing page, and website. You’ll partner with product designers, product managers, researchers, and other UX Writers to enhance our experiences and be responsible for decisions that shape the future of NerdWallet.
This role sits on the Design and User Experience team.
Where you can make an impact:
- Influence and be involved in every aspect of product development, from discovery to fixing a comma right before launch
- Create product narratives and content frameworks that explain and justify your recommendations. Then, ensure consistency across all consumer touch points (think product names, labels and navigational elements, emails, tutorials, and notifications)
- Create and implement experiences that balance user, business and brand needs
- Proactively share and collaborate with fellow writers to educate and ensure consistency — both in message and voice
- Carry out the NerdWallet mission by making financial terms, products, and services feel human and accessible with language that brings the brand to life, even in the smallest microcopy
- Collaborate and build relationships; seek out opportunities to connect across the company and look for how to combine, align and amplify efforts
- Maintain and evolve our voice and tone guidelines
- Always thinking about product strategy and vision (not just ‘what it should say’ but ‘what we should build’)
- You strive to partner cross-functionally to build the very best product/user experiences
- You thrive in an environment of fast feedback loops and a mindset of rapid prototyping and iteration
- You understand the technical limitations behind the copy/experience and communicate your ideas to engineers
- You have experience building and shipping web and/or mobile products
- 3 - 5 years of experience as a UX/Product writer or UX/Product Content Strategist
- Ability to think big and understand complex feature sets
- A knack for distilling complicated topics into language anyone can grasp
- Passion for great user experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Nice to have:
- Proficiency with agile methodologies
- Experience writing about financial products
- Working knowledge of Figma
Please include a link to your portfolio.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- 401(k) with company match
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employee and their dependents
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Commuter, gym and cell phone stipend
- $500 enrichment stipend towards learning and development for your role
- Catered lunches daily, free dinner, and kitchens stocked full of snacks
- Onsite coffee bar with baristas
- Company happy hours, social events and outings
- Generous, flexible vacation
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.