Senior Manager, HR Operations
NerdWallet’s mission is to provide clarity for all of life’s financial decisions. The People Operations team at NerdWallet’s mission is to recruit, retain, and develop our Nerds so they can be their best selves and do their best work at NerdWallet.
We’re looking for a strategic and business-oriented HR operations leader who is eager to drive innovative processes and insights that will ensure that we are building a best in class HR team. As the Senior Manager, HR Operations you will oversee our HR Systems and HR Programs and Operations teams and have strategic and operational oversight for systems & data, benefits, immigration, policy, process & compliance.
Where you can make an impact:
As the Senior Manager, HR Operations, you will not be satisfied with executing someone else’s playbook or simply writing one, but rather leading a team that will deep dive into existing HR processes and develop innovative improvement ideas for both current challenges and future problems we may encounter.
- You will partner closely with HR Business Partners and HR leadership to ensure that what we do connects the dots back to the needs of the business and employees and isn’t just process for process sake.
- You will be a leader amongst your Recruiting, Finance, Accounting, Legal and IT colleagues to ensure that there is clear communication, handoffs, collaboration and systems and workflow integrations amongst our G&A partner teams.
- You will deliver a comprehensive roadmap for process transformation and strong project and change management to execute against it resulting in automation, standardization, and centralization of HR processes and systems where possible.
- You will ensure compliance with applicable employment regulations and best practices that are highly aligned to meeting the needs of the business and improving employee experience.
Success in this role is not just checking the box on a long task list, but getting to the “so what” and directing efforts to make sure we set the right foundation for our HR team, partner functions, and ultimately the organization as a whole. The position is based in San Francisco and will report to the Director of HR.
- Oversee the HR Programs and Operations team and the development and management of thoughtful, scalable, HR policies and processes that shape the employee lifecycle and are compliant, efficient, scalable, and reflect NerdWallet culture and values
- Oversee the HR Systems team and the expansion and/or implementation of HR systems (HRIS, LMS, etc.) ensuring high quality data, consistent definitions and reporting and analytics and business insights
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of regulations, laws and industry best practices to ensure compliance with all applicable international, federal, state, and local employment laws
- Partner with Finance, Legal and People Ops to establish scalable processes as it relates to the G&A functions and ensuring that it both supports organizational strategy and adheres to compliance standards
- Partner with benefits brokers/vendors to review, update and administer benefits policies and programs, ensuring programs are competitive, compliant and scalable
- Lead our immigration policies and programs, in partnership with legal counsel and recruiting
- Partner with IT to create and oversee a technology roadmap across HR that will help provide simple, scalable, automated and seamless experience throughout the employee lifecycle
- Analyze data to track and report on performance of our HR team against our internal and external goals and establish working norms and target SLAs / KPIs for the HR team
- 8+ years experience in HR/People Operations, preferably in a tech start-up environment
- Experience managing people, preferably 5+ years
- Proven track record of implementing and scaling people processes, operations and systems
- Advanced project management skills - ability to handle multiple projects at once and competing priorities. Organized, extremely detail oriented and execution focused a must!
- Advanced knowledge of HR compliance, employment laws, best practices and industry standards
- Comfort and familiarity with HRIS (Workday preferred), LMS, Performance Management, project management software and customer service/ticketing software
- A flexible leader who can operate at a strategic level but also perform operational/tactical responsibilities
- Superior communication skills and are comfortable talking to a wide range of people across all levels of the organization. Experience building relationships with employees, managers, and other peers.
- BA/BS degree required. Additional HR certifications and degrees are a plus but not required.
- Proven ability to take initiative, think on your feet, and make thoughtful fast decisions.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- 401(k) with company match
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employee and their dependents
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Commuter, gym and cell phone stipend
- $500 enrichment stipend towards learning and development for your role
- Catered lunches daily, free dinner, and kitchens stocked full of snacks
- Onsite coffee bar with baristas
- Company happy hours, social events and outings
- Generous, flexible vacation
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.