Motion Design Intern
NerdWallet aims to make personal finance refreshingly simple, helpful, and human. To do this, we’re seeking a Motion Design Intern to join our talented Brand Studio, a part of our Design and User Experience team (D&UX) — comprised of designers, researchers, and content strategists.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and skilled Motion Design intern to help scale our motion work and contribute to our design process through concept, design development, and delivery of compelling visuals that will resonate with and delight our audience. You have profound empathy for our customers and want to provide the best experience for them. You are interested in producing high impact and inspiring animations. You will have the opportunity to work on real projects while receiving guidance and feedback from senior members of our Brand Studio team.
Where you can make an impact:
- Join a team of committed Nerds who are energized by the desire to empower people and change the way they think about their finances.
- Under the mentorship of a seasoned Motion Design leader, you’ll partner with our Brand Studio team, Marketing and Product Design teams to define, ideate, and iterate design solutions.
- Produce content design videos and support marketing campaigns.
- Create templates to support content marketing initiatives, organic and paid social, internal communications.
- Participate in motion studio documentation and implementation.
- An enthusiastic collaborator: you’ll participate in building cross-disciplinary support in order to achieve exceptional experiences.
- Comfortable working iteratively: you will learn how to operate effectively within small, cross-functional teams.
- Perpetually curious: you are passionate about new technologies, industry trends and relevant artifacts.
- Must be enrolled in a college, university or trade school pursuing a degree in the Arts with a focus on Motion Design.
- Knowledge and opinions of the strengths and shortcomings of the latest apps and design trends (on mobile, web, desktop, etc).
- Experience with After Effects and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Have a link to a demo reel or portfolio of work that demonstrates your motion design capabilities.
What we offer:
- 1-on-1 time and mentorship opportunities with senior designers, Creative Producers, Content Strategists, and NerdWallet's Creative Director
- Access to workshops, brown bags, and speakers to grow your design practice
- Breakfast and lunch daily with ranging cuisines
- Onsite coffee bar with baristas, kitchens stocked full of snacks and weekly company happy hours
- Intern events, ranging from social activities to our leadership speaker series
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to the local community
- Flexible hours, generous pay and a housing stipend
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.