Product Manager (Acquisition Products)
NerdWallet is in the business of putting personal finance knowledge in your wallet with accessible online tools and expert advice. The personal finance space is fragmented and antiquated; you would play an integral role in fixing that. NerdWallet’s audience discovers our tools and advice in a variety of ways and you’ll be tasked with creating a best-in-class entry experience to make it simple for consumers to discover both. We are seeking a Product Manager to take our landing page consumer experiences to the next level, including enhancing current entry pages as well as driving generalized re-use.
Where you can make an impact:
- Help deliver brand-appropriate, personalized entry experiences at NerdWallet that uniquely prioritize the consumer’s best interests while also driving engagement.
- Be accountable for capturing and converting the audience across NerdWallet’s categories.
- Drive improvements to the entry point metrics across all verticals and landing pages, proactively identify issues and opportunities, and surface learnings to drive engagement and reduce bounce.
- Drive the development, prioritization and execution of product roadmaps in collaboration with Engineering, Editorial, Data and Design; experience building product capabilities intended for generalized re-use required; experience with publishing products, content experiences, Wordpress backend a plus.
- Exhibit sound product judgment and present clear measurable objectives that will lead to achieving business goals.
- Clearly communicate product ideas, user value, and benefits to our users and marketplace partners; deep experience with stakeholder management and data-driven decision making is a requirement.
- Hypothesis driven product experimentation will be core to this role. Manage the lifecycle of an experiment, which involves building, launching, analyzing, and iterating upon A/B tests to optimize the performance of your products.
- This position will also hold the Product Owner role on a Scrum team.
- A self-starter/team player attitude: You are excited by a fast-paced environment and the accountability that comes with owning large projects.
- Solid business/strategic intuition: You are able to identify the right business opportunities, make prioritization calls, and devise clear action plans.
- An analytical approach: You can properly evaluate the success or failure of features and use data to guide next steps.
- Strong product intuition: You have a clear sense of how to gather insights and synthesize consumer needs.
- Strong communication skills: You can look at a complex set of data or user research learnings, synthesize them, and make them accessible to engineers, designers, and executives.
- Consumer-first mindset: You obsess about how to make product experiences intuitive and ensure that you are prioritizing the consumer’s best interest in product decisions.
- Strong design sense: You have a high bar for quality product, and can work through design challenges to make a great product. Background in content experience design or development is a plus.
- Technical chops: You speak intelligently with engineers and know how to build incrementally with a focus on the future. Experience with platform product management is a plus.
- 3 to 5 years in product management at a consumer internet or mobile company.
- Undergraduate degree, preferably from a top tier university.
- A background in publishing or content experience development is a plus.
- Marketplace experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with A/B/n testing tools and analytics best practices.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- 401(k) with company match
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employee and their dependents
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Commuter, gym and cell phone stipend
- $500 enrichment stipend towards learning and development for your role
- Catered lunches daily, free dinner, and kitchens stocked full of snacks
- Onsite coffee bar with baristas
- Company happy hours, social events and outings
- Generous, flexible vacation
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.