Senior Mobile Engineer
At NerdWallet, we are passionate about building delightful user experiences and creating consumer products that impact millions of users. We are looking for talented Senior Native Mobile Engineers who will help shape our mobile product as we expand into new verticals and scale existing ones. Our engineers are dedicated to changing how consumers interact with their finances and work in partnership with product owners and designers to evolve our product into a clean and seamless experience. The successful candidate enjoys building beautiful, simple interfaces to complex user problems; investing in long-term infrastructure, and collaborating to up-level our engineering organization. You will be a crucial member of our native team and help design, build, and maintain systems necessary to continue our rapid growth.
NerdWallet Engineering offers a culture of constant learning and knowledge sharing; we are passionate about metrics and experimentation. Engineers are organized into cross-functional multidisciplinary teams and work closely with stakeholders. Our app ships to both iOS and Android, relying on React Native for the bulk of the user experience supported by in-house native modules, and we continue to expand our toolbox to use the best technologies for the job.
Where you can make an impact:
- Design and lead the development of native and React Native infrastructure that powers our app on Android and iOS.
- Support and up-level our application development team by investing in tools, libraries, and best practices that will have a broad productivity and quality impact.
- Build out the shared architecture that interfaces the native stack to seamlessly talk to our identity services, data layer or business partner APIs, heavily leveraging GraphQL.
- Implement product features that have a direct impact on the engagement and monetization of our millions of users.
- Customer focused: You are passionate about creating native applications that improve the lives of millions of users with delightful user experiences.
- Communication and collaboration: You are able to work effectively with others. You will be working closely with other engineers, designers, product managers, user research scientists and customer groups to build product features and high quality products.
- Leadership: You have demonstrated feature development ownership, can lead by example and enjoy mentoring and inspiring other engineers.
- High-energy, company first, positive attitude: Must be motivated to work hard in a fast-paced environment.
- 5+ years of engineering experience with a large focus on building native applications for Android and/or iOS.
- Experience with React Native and GraphQL is a plus but not required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field preferred. You should be able to demonstrate a superior understanding of CS fundamentals.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- 401(k) with company match
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employee and their dependents
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Commuter, gym and cell phone stipend
- $500 enrichment stipend towards learning and development for your role
- Catered lunches daily, free dinner, and kitchens stocked full of snacks
- Onsite coffee bar with baristas
- Company happy hours, social events and outings
- Generous, flexible vacation
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.