Senior User Experience Researcher
We are seeking a Senior User Experience Researcher to join NerdWallet’s growing User Experience Research team.
Your mission will be to help NerdWallet develop innovative new products and services, as well as improve existing ones. At its core, it’s about deeply understanding the needs and behaviors of our users, and generating actionable insights to drive product and design strategy. You will have the ability to contribute to high-impact projects right away.
The ideal candidate will have proven skills and experience in qualitative and mixed research methods. You are a self-directed strategic thinker and you know how to discover, interpret, and communicate user insights in a fast paced and scrappy environment.
This role reports to the Director of User Experience Research.
Where you can make an impact:
- Manage large research initiatives from beginning to end.
- Partner with product, engineering, design, market research, analytics, and business leads throughout the research and design process.
- Employ a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods, in the lab, remotely, and in the field.
- Analyze and synthesize research findings into actionable insights and communicate to key stakeholders.
- Package insights into design tools and assets for the product managers and designers to leverage (i.e. personas, design principles, scenarios, frameworks, etc.)
- Adapt and innovate research practices to meet team needs under the tight timeframes of a rapidly growing company.
- Mentor more junior researchers
- Evangelize user experience research and user-centered design throughout the company.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience on mobile and/or web products.
- You’ve have a track record of discovering, synthesizing, and socializing actionable insights that have influenced real products.
- You have experience using a wide variety of research methods (e.g. rapid ethnography, contextual inquiry, usability testing, interviews, surveys, concept testing).
- You are self driven and take initiative to identify research needs and creatively solve problems.
- You clearly, concisely, and persuasively communicate research findings.
- You work well on an ego-free, highly collaborative, and cross-functional team.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment.
- You stay abreast of the latest research methodologies.
- You have a degree in Human Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Human Factors, Anthropology, Cognitive Science, Behavioral Economics, or another relevant field.
- Bonus: experience with behavioral economics, finance, or healthcare.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- 401(k) with company match
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employee and their dependents
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Commuter, gym and cell phone stipend
- $500 enrichment stipend towards learning and development for your role
- Catered lunches daily, free dinner, and kitchens stocked full of snacks
- Onsite coffee bar with baristas
- Company happy hours, social events and outings
- Generous, flexible vacation
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.