Data Analyst (Marketing)
*Based in San Francisco, CA or 100% Remote (based in the U.S.)*
NerdWallet is seeking a data-driven and analytical professional for our Data Analytics team. This individual will focus on providing digital data solutions and innovations to help grow our business. Successful candidates will partner with Marketing teams to uncover data-driven insights, and will be expected to understand and contribute to all aspects of NerdWallet's data. Ideal candidates will be passionate, flexible and interested in the power of FinTech to improve consumers' lives. We are looking for analytical nerds across multiple levels from Analyst to Senior Analyst, so if you feel like this is an exciting opportunity we would love to hear from you.
Where you can make an impact:
- Be a NerdWallet Marketing data expert: know the ins and outs of our database, consisting of both internal and third party data, including availability, provenance, reliability and relationships between data sets. Through SQL, you will process, transform, merge and report our data.
- Drive highly visible analytic projects for NerdWallet CRM & Marketing such as multivariate testing, attribution modeling, and media mix modeling.
- Partner with marketing and CRM to understand business strategy, challenges and goals, and discover areas for opportunity.
- Develop and optimize methodologies to measure effectiveness of campaigns across multiple channels like SEM, Social, OTT, TV, OOH, Native and Email.
- Deliver deep-dive analyses of mid- or post-campaign performance as well as ad-hoc requests to put forward hypotheses and recommendations for future initiatives and programs.
- Serve as a leader in defining metric calculations; partner with BI Engineers on development of self-serve dashboards to monitor KPIs and success metrics.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with sister analytics teams at NerdWallet to leverage shared platforms, best practices, insights and innovations.
- Surface insights and present results to business leaders using a variety of tools – Tableau/Looker, Office Suite slides, spreadsheets, etc.
- Highly productive: Work independently on a day-to-day basis. This role is intended for somebody who will take meaningful responsibility and initiative for our business metrics.
- Structured thinker: Understand the key drivers to our business and identify how to modify them to improve business metrics.
- Consumer-first and positive thinker: You're motivated to work hard in a fast-paced environment – business decisions here can connect and impact millions of users.
- Expert multi-tasker and prioritizer: Experience (and preferably an enjoyment of) balancing numerous different priorities and demands.
- Positive and adaptable: Demonstrates flexibility and constructive attitude in face of shifting business needs and personal responsibilities
- Day-to-day familiarity with writing efficient SQL to solve complex problems and manipulate big data sets (SQL experience required, experience with Python or other scripting languages is a plus)
- Solid understanding of multivariate testing, attribution modeling, media mix modeling, lift analysis, and customer segmentation highly preferred
- Strong communication skills and the ability to explain complex analyses to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with BI tools (Tableau, Looker, Qlikview, etc.), CRM, and marketing automation platform
- 2 - 4+ years of experience in a quantitative role, preferably at a consumer technology company
- BA/BS degree, Masters a plus- preferably in a quantitative field like Math, Statistics, or Economics
What we offer:
Work hard, stay balanced (Life’s a series of balancing acts, eh?)
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employees and their dependents
- Rejuvenation Policy – Flexible Time Off + 12 holidays
- New Parent Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Mental health support through Ginger.io
- Paid sabbatical for Nerds to recharge, gain knowledge and pursue their interests
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA with monthly NerdWallet contribution
- Weekly Virtual Bootcamp, Yoga and Mindfulness Meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Stipend and Cell Phone Stipend
Have some fun! (Nerds are fun, too)
- Nerd-led group initiatives – Intramural Sports, Employee Resource Groups for Parents, Diversity and Inclusion, Womxn, LGBTQIA, and other communities
- Hackathons, Happy Hours and team bonding across all teams and departments
- Company-wide events like Little Nerds Day (aka bring your kids to work day, even if you're remote!) and our annual Charity Auction
Lifestyle (Be your best self - we’ll take care of the details)
- Our Nerds love to make an impact by paying it forward – Donate to your favorite causes with a company match
- Work from home equipment stipend and co-working space subsidy
- Commuting stipend and catered breakfast, lunch and onsite barista for SF based Nerds
- Anniversary recognition program – choose from different items and experiences
Plan for your future (And when you retire on your island, remember the little people)
- 401K with company match
- Annual Enrichment Stipend for learning and development
- Be the first to test and benefit from our new financial products and tools
- Access to Rocket Lawyer for online legal support and resources
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.