Senior/Lead Product Manager (Machine Learning Personalization)
NerdWallet is in the business of putting personal finance knowledge in your wallet with accessible online tools and expert advice. Millions of consumers come to NerdWallet every month looking for insights about the latest personal finance products and the best financial products that serve their needs the best.
NerdWallet is leveraging machine learning to infer a user’s goals, preferences, and financial profile so that we can build a more personalized shopping and learning experience. As the Product Manager for Data Science Personalization, you will drive the efforts to leverage machine learning to personalize the financial product shopping and learning experience.
Where you can make an impact:
- Deliver personalized shopping experiences that drive engagement and conversion.
- Effectively partner with the Data Science organization, and identify areas where machine learning can lead to better user and business outcomes.
- Deeply understand our consumers: their profiles, short and long term goals, and inspirations and our partners’ business models to leverage data to personalize the shopping experience that brings positive outcomes for both our consumers and our partners.
- Drive the development, prioritization and execution of shopping personalization product roadmaps in collaboration with Data Science, Platform Engineering, and other partner teams.
- Clearly communicate product ideas, user value, and benefits to our users and marketplace partners.
- Exhibit sound product and business judgment and present clear measurable objectives that will lead to achieving business goals.
- Serve as an effective cross-functional executional partner, and drive toward alignment on partner prioritization, project operating model, dependencies, sequencing, testing, and delivery date.
- Write clear Product Specification documents that can serve as a foundation for Data Science Specifications and Technical Specifications.
- Provide feedback on Data Science model specification, model features, data required, and success metrics.
- Partner with Data Science and Product and Business Analytics to define experimentation approach, analyze experiment, identify learnings, and iterate.
- Identify and evaluate new data sources.
- Mentor and develop other members of the product team as we grow and scale.
- Data Science aptitude and interests: You have basic knowledge of, and a deep interest in learning Data Science and Machine Learning fundamentals
- Solid Business/Strategic Intuition: You are able to identify the right business opportunities, make prioritization calls, and devise clear action plans.
- A Self-Starter/Team Player Attitude: You are excited by a fast-paced environment and the accountability that comes with owning large projects.
- Strong Product Intuition: You have a clear sense of how to gather insights and synthesize consumer needs.
- A Collaborative Style: You work comfortably across teams and disciplines leveraging their talents, expertise, and insight to achieve shared goals.
- A Focus on Execution: You have the organizational and analytical skills to effectively manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Exceptional Communication Skills: You have excellent written and oral communication skills to drive the Machine Learning personalization vision within the organization.
- Technical Chops: You speak intelligently with engineers and know how to build incrementally with a focus on the future.
- Consumer-First Mindset: You obsess about how to make product experiences intuitive and ensure that you are prioritizing the consumer’s best interest in product decisions.
- An Analytical Approach: You can properly evaluate the success or failure of features and use data to guide next steps.
- 4-6 years in product management at a consumer internet company. And at least 2 years of experience as a Data Science/ Machine Learning Pro.
- A track record of successfully leading product development from strategy to concept through post-launch growth.
- Technical background, or experience partnering with Data Scientists and Machine Learning engineers.
- Marketplace experience is preferred.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- 401(k) with company match
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employee and their dependents
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Commuter, gym and cell phone stipend
- $500 enrichment stipend towards learning and development for your role
- Catered lunches daily, free dinner, and kitchens stocked full of snacks
- Onsite coffee bar with baristas
- Company happy hours, social events and outings
- Generous, flexible vacation
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.