NerdWallet’s Brand Studio team is looking for a talented Art Director to be a strategic design partner for a consumer-first company. As a member of Brand Studio, you will ideate, design and execute creative solutions that align with NerdWallet’s roadmap. With a start-up mindset and your full range of skills in graphic design art direction – let’s push the boundaries of what's possible to grow and extend the NerdWallet brand. On Brand Studio, we develop and defend our brand expression, build all the creative for our advertising channels, integrated marketing campaigns, our CRM program, content experiences, and our internal brand.
Your center of excellence should be design and creative development as you will be acting in the capacity of a Lead Visual Designer for our marketing and advertising campaigns.
We hope that you are excited by the opportunity to bring meaningful change to the world of FinTech with innovative design that informs, delights, and engages.
Where you can make an impact:
- Work closely with other Brand Studio leads and designers to craft engaging and performant concepts for our integrated campaigns — including landing pages, display ads, social, radio, and video assets.
- Partner with our marketing team to bring to life creative concepts with brand objectives and our target consumer in mind.
- Evolve and inspire the NerdWallet brand within the Brand Studio Team and the company at large.
- Talented: An outstanding designer and art director with a jaw-dropping portfolio that demonstrates your ability to create inspiring creative solutions for consumers across typical brand advertising channels. You have a demonstrated track record of leading projects from development, through execution, and to success.
- Visionary: A big thinker – not one to shy away from complex challenges that require new thinking and a willingness to take chances. You have in-depth knowledge of innovative trends and technologies in the advertising and marketing space that you share with the design team to influence and elevate.
- Strategic: As a creative problem solver, you contribute innovative ideas that build on data and analytics in order to meet business goals.
- Insightful: You are able to inspire while articulating design decisions. You can effectively communicate your ideas to other designers and stakeholders through strong oral and written communication skills.
- Flexible: In a fast-paced, dynamic working environment, you can handle quick feedback loops and be nimble in jumping from campaigns to working on internal projects.
- Collaborative: You have experience partnering cross-functionally from kick-off to delivery in order to create best in class creative executions.
- 6+ years of applied design experience, management experience nice to have but not required
- An expert in Adobe Creative Suite and Figma with Photography and Illustration chops
- Excellent graphic design skills (layout, typography, color)
- Working knowledge of Motion Graphics and Interaction Design as well as past program management in JIRA is a plus
What we offer:
Work hard, stay balanced (Life’s a series of balancing acts, eh?)
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employees and their dependents
- Rejuvenation Policy – Flexible Time Off + 12 holidays
- New Parent Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Mental health support through Ginger.io
- Paid sabbatical for Nerds to recharge, gain knowledge and pursue their interests
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA with monthly NerdWallet contribution
- Weekly Virtual Bootcamp, Yoga and Mindfulness Meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Stipend and Cell Phone Stipend
Have some fun! (Nerds are fun, too)
- Nerd-led group initiatives – Intramural Sports, Employee Resource Groups for Parents, Diversity and Inclusion, Womxn, LGBTQIA, and other communities
- Hackathons, Happy Hours and team bonding across all teams and departments
- Company-wide events like Little Nerds Day (aka bring your kids to work day, even if you're remote!) and our annual Charity Auction
Lifestyle (Be your best self - we’ll take care of the details)
- Our Nerds love to make an impact by paying it forward – Donate to your favorite causes with a company match
- Work from home equipment stipend and co-working space subsidy
- Commuting stipend and catered breakfast, lunch and onsite barista for SF based Nerds
- Anniversary recognition program – choose from different items and experiences
Plan for your future (And when you retire on your island, remember the little people)
- 401K with company match
- Annual Enrichment Stipend for learning and development
- Be the first to test and benefit from our new financial products and tools
- Access to Rocket Lawyer for online legal support and resources
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.