Product Manager (Fundera)
*Based in New York, or 100% Remote (Based in the U.S.)*
Fundera is the go-to financial resource for small businesses. We’re here to help entrepreneurs achieve their financial goals and grow businesses as big as their aspirations; you would be key to delivering that experience.
Fundera.com along with its recent acquisition by Nerdwallet will be the biggest acquisition driver across all of Fundera’s loan and affiliate product verticals. We are seeking a Product Manager to drive the growth of our business by bringing the user experience across both domains to the next level. This is a unique opportunity for a data-driven product manager who is obsessed with accelerating growth through continuous testing and optimization.
Where you can make an impact:
- Drive a robust experimentation process to test and validate hypotheses behind new features, modules, and assets across the Fundera.com and SMB vertical of Nerdwallet.com
- Instrument and analyze user interaction data to identify trends and issues, working with cross-functional partners in engineering, business development, and marketing to prioritize the resolution of users needs
- Partner with key Product, Engineering, Marketing, and Business Development stakeholders to build a roadmap focused on both site domains and cross-brand strategies to support the SMB experience across all product verticals
- Contribute to and manage the product vision, roadmap, and backlog with specific ownership over the documentation and creation of concise, detailed product specs and user stories for consumption by Design and Engineering
- Take responsibility for ensuring business alignment around new releases and changes, including briefing other team leads, providing documentation, tracking key operational blockers, and facilitating training
- Passionate about understanding the voice of the customer and putting the customer first.
- Confident in your SQL and data analysis skills with the ability to recognize patterns and analyze trends in complex and unfiltered datasets by pulling out actionable insights and compelling stories for new ideas.
- Comfortable working in a tech-driven environment with the ability to communicate effectively across stakeholder groups (Engineering, Marketing, Business Development, and Executive Leadership)
- Curios. Have an entrepreneurial spirit, a self starter with a strong work ethic, effective communication skills and the ability to manage ambiguity in the context of requirements.
- Comfortable with rapid A/B testing, iterating, and reporting out on results.
- Excited to build trust with customers, collaborators, and cross-functional teams.
- 2-3 years of professional experience in a product management, operations, or analytics role.
- Experienced building for SMB users and/or on B2B products.
- Experienced optimizing SEO along with building publishing products or content experiences
- Wordpress backend experience a plus
- Experience in Fintech is a plus
What we offer:
Work hard, stay balanced (Life’s a series of balancing acts, eh?)
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employees and their dependents
- Rejuvenation Policy – Flexible Time Off + 12 holidays
- New Parent Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Mental health support through Ginger.io
- Paid sabbatical for Nerds to recharge, gain knowledge and pursue their interests
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA with monthly NerdWallet contribution
- Weekly Virtual Bootcamp, Yoga and Mindfulness Meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Stipend and Cell Phone Stipend
Have some fun! (Nerds are fun, too)
- Nerd-led group initiatives – Intramural Sports, Employee Resource Groups for Parents, Diversity and Inclusion, Womxn, LGBTQIA, and other communities
- Hackathons, Happy Hours and team bonding across all teams and departments
- Company-wide events like Little Nerds Day (aka bring your kids to work day, even if you're remote!) and our annual Charity Auction
Lifestyle (Be your best self - we’ll take care of the details)
- Our Nerds love to make an impact by paying it forward – Donate to your favorite causes with a company match
- Work from home equipment stipend and co-working space subsidy
- Commuting stipend and catered breakfast, lunch and onsite barista for SF based Nerds
- Anniversary recognition program – choose from different items and experiences
Plan for your future (And when you retire on your island, remember the little people)
- 401K with company match
- Annual Enrichment Stipend for learning and development
- Be the first to test and benefit from our new financial products and tools
- Access to Rocket Lawyer for online legal support and resources
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.