Front End Developer
Position: Front End Developer
Location: Norwich, UK or Remote (Based in the UK)
Employment type: FTE
NerdWallet, a website and mobile app delivering industry-leading financial guidance, tools and independent reviews, is expanding into the UK. Founded in 2009, NerdWallet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, with a UK office in Norwich. There’s a team of more than 500 Nerds (including 20+ in the UK) who are on a mission to provide clarity for all of life’s financial decisions.
We have over 160 million visitors come to us every year as a trusted and objective source for information. We provide consumers with expert and actionable guidance across a range of personal finance topics, including credit cards, banking, loans, investing and general personal finance.
NerdWallet UK is looking for a full-time Front End Developer in the UK.
This role supports the Tech Lead in designing, building and maintaining web content that enables NerdWallet users to search for and find relevant personalised content.
Tasked with building web products that are performant, secure, scalable and sustainable, you will deliver improvements to our front end infrastructure that will scale as NerdWallet’s products and audience grow.
Where you can make an impact:
- Work with stakeholders and team members to plan UX approach and UI development
- Championing best practices. We have high standards for our team and want to continually improve
- Suggest improvements and optimisations of code for SEO
- Implement and analyse A/B Tests with Google Optimise and feedback results and proposals to the business for implementation
- Help to make our team even better by mentoring junior team members and supporting their development
- Interact with the wider business to gather requirements and scope work
- Passionate about self-improvement and at ease with giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Able to work with equal enthusiasm whether you’re leading a task or working within a team
- Able to collaborate well with key business stakeholders
- 3 + years working as front end developer at a mid to senior level
- 1 year of experience in a role that included mentoring junior developers
- Has experience working in an MVC pattern (exposure to .Net backend environments is nice to have but not essential)
- Have some experience in UX Design
- Have React knowledge, while we don’t use React for our main site, we do have projects built in React and the future plans for the company are heavily React based
What We Offer:
- Generous Pension: NerdWallet offers up to 6% matched pension contribution
- 25 days holiday per year
- Wellness stipend: NerdWallet gives every employee a monthly wellness stipend. It is yours to use however you’d like
- Career enrichment stipend: We value a growth mindset, and we never stop learning Each year, you will have funds to help you grow professionally in your role at NerdWallet
- Mental health support: We take mental health seriously. To offer you mental health support, NerdWallet partners with Ginger, a chat-based mental health app. You are able to use Ginger anytime, any place
- Legal support: NerdWallet offers access to online legal support through Rocket Lawyer
NerdWallet is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected characteristic: age; gender reassignment; being married or in a civil partnership; being pregnant or on maternity leave; disability; race including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin; religion or belief; sex; or sexual orientation. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process.