Senior Full Stack Engineer
At NerdWallet, we are passionate about building delightful user experiences and creating consumer products that impact millions of users. We are looking for talented Senior Full Stack Engineers who will help us innovate and shape our products and services as we expand into new verticals. Our engineers are dedicated to changing how consumers interact with their finances and work in partnership with product owners and designers to evolve our product into a clean and seamless experience. The successful candidate enjoys building beautiful interfaces and connecting them to complex back end systems. You will be a crucial member of our engineering team and help design, build, and maintain systems necessary to continue our rapid growth.
NerdWallet Engineering offers a culture of constant learning and knowledge sharing; we are passionate about metrics and experimentation. Engineers are organized into cross-functional multidisciplinary teams and work closely with stakeholders. Our stack is based on Python and React, and we continue to expand our toolbox to use the best technologies for the job.
Where you can make an impact:
- Design and lead the development of high-performance, secure, scalable and delightful consumer-first experiences that improve the lives for millions of users.
- Build out the service architecture that interfaces the front-end stack to seamlessly talk to our identity services, data layer or business partner APIs.
- Architect, develop and drive improvements to our evolving backend and frontend infrastructure.
- Implement product features that have a direct impact on user engagement and monetization.
- Customer focused: You are passionate about creating web applications that improve the lives for millions of users and building delightful user experiences.
- Communicative and collaborative: You are able to work effectively with others. You will be working closely with other engineers, designers, product managers, user research scientists and customer groups to build product features and high quality products.
- A Leader and owner: You have demonstrated feature development ownership, can lead by example and enjoy mentoring and inspiring other engineers.
We recognize not everyone will have all of these requirements. If you meet most of the criteria below and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you.
- 5+ years of engineering experience with a proven track record of building consumer web applications or services.
- Experience in building highly scalable web services and building/using RESTful APIs and proficiency in Python, Ruby or PHP.
- Experience with Node.js, Express.js and React/Flux/Redux a plus.
- Strong understanding, building and debugging of scalable, high performance web applications built with reusability and componentization in mind.
- Familiarity with Single Page Application Frameworks (React, Angular, Backbone), responsive design and MVC design patterns.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field preferred. You should be able to demonstrate superior understanding of CS fundamentals.
- This role will be remote in Canada.
- We believe great work can be done anywhere. No matter where you are based, NerdWallet offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your family.
What we offer:
Work Hard, Stay Balanced (Life’s a series of balancing acts, eh?)
- Monthly Healthcare Stipend
- Rejuvenation Policy – Flexible Time Off + You will receive the official public holidays in your province + Mental Health Days
- Pregnancy and Parental leave – NerdWallet will top up your pay so you receive 100% of your salary for 12 weeks for pregnancy leave and 12 weeks for parental leave
- Mental health support through Ginger.io
- Paid sabbatical for Nerds to recharge, gain knowledge and pursue their interests
- Weekly Virtual Bootcamp, Yoga and Mindfulness Meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Stipend and Cell Phone Stipend
- WiFi Stipend, Work from home equipment stipend, and co-working space subsidy
Have Some Fun! (Nerds are fun, too)
- Nerd-led group initiatives – Intramural Sports, Employee Resource Groups for Parents, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Women, LGBTQIA, and other communities
- Hackathons, Happy Hours and team bonding across all teams and departments
- Company-wide events like Little Nerds Day (aka bring your kids to work day, even if you're remote!) and our annual Charity Auction
Plan for your future (And when you retire on your island, remember the little people)
- Annual Enrichment Stipend for learning and development
- RRSP - coming soon!