Site Reliability Engineering Manager
NerdWallet is looking for an experienced engineering manager to lead a team of talented engineers that build reliable infrastructure following the AWS well architected framework. We empower teams to be end to end service owners through support and tooling.
The production engineering team works both on central infrastructure critical to the success of NerdWallet as well as partnering with the rest of engineering to help them deliver critical projects.
We believe that service teams having end to end service ownership and owning reliability for their services is an effective and scalable model. We build tooling to empower developers for self service and work with them to build their own SRE practices and infrastructure design.
Where you can make an impact:
- You will work with and coach a remote first team of 6+ engineers in addition to contractors.
- You will work across the organization supporting critical company initiatives.
- You will maintain operational excellence, uptime and cost efficiency for our AWS infrastructure. You will champion SRE culture and practices across the organization.
- You will manage an operational budget of AWS and other external vendors.
- An effective people manager that enjoys collaborating and mentoring a team of talented engineers.
- Communicative and collaborative. You are able to work effectively with others. You will be working closely with Platform, Data and the rest of NerdWallet’s engineering team.
- Someone who has a high-energy, company first, positive attitude and is motivated to work hard in a fast-paced environment.
We recognize not everyone will have all of these requirements. If you meet most of the criteria below and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you.
- 3+ years managing teams of talented and experienced engineers.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure at scale.
- Experience with SRE and operations. You’ve mitigated major production incidents and prevented them from happening again via a blameless post-mortem process.
- Experience with compliance, security and Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity.
- This role will be based in San Francisco, CA or remote (based in the U.S.).
- We believe great work can be done anywhere. No matter where you are based, NerdWallet offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your family.
What we offer:
Work hard, stay balanced (Life’s a series of balancing acts, eh?)
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employees and their dependents
- Rejuvenation Policy – Flexible Time Off + 12 holidays + Mental Health Days
- New Parent Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Mental health support through Ginger.io
- Paid sabbatical for Nerds to recharge, gain knowledge and pursue their interests
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA with monthly NerdWallet contribution
- Weekly Virtual Bootcamp, Yoga and Mindfulness Meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Stipend and Cell Phone Stipend
Have some fun! (Nerds are fun, too)
- Nerd-led group initiatives – Intramural Sports, Employee Resource Groups for Parents, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Womxn, LGBTQIA, and other communities
- Hackathons, Happy Hours and team bonding across all teams and departments
- Company-wide events like Little Nerds Day (aka bring your kids to work day, even if you're remote!) and our annual Charity Auction
Lifestyle (Be your best self - we’ll take care of the details)
- Our Nerds love to make an impact by paying it forward – Donate to your favorite causes with a company match
- WiFi Stipend, Work from home equipment stipend, and co-working space subsidy
- Commuting stipend and catered breakfast, lunch and onsite barista for SF based Nerds
- Anniversary recognition program – choose from different items and experiences
Plan for your future (And when you retire on your island, remember the little people)
- 401K with company match
- Annual Enrichment Stipend for learning and development
- Be the first to test and benefit from our new financial products and tools
- Access to Rocket Lawyer for online legal support and resources
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.