Account Manager (Fundera)
Looking to start your career in sales? Fundera, at NerdWallet, is the go-to financial resource for small businesses. We’re here to help entrepreneurs achieve their financial goals and grow businesses as big as their aspirations.
As a catalyst for smart financial decisions, our combination of proprietary technology and financial expertise provides business owners with tailored solutions based on their unique needs and eligibility—helping them prosper, create more jobs, and, ultimately, grow the economy.
Our Account Manager will be essential in providing the highest level of service to our small business customers, to understand their financial needs and lender partners to manage a process towards funding. If you’re interested in the position, here are a few things you’ll get to do and the qualifications that will make you successful in this role.
Where you can make an impact:
- Be a coach for small business owners seeking bank loans, while guiding them through the SBA (Small Business Administration) funding process.
- Liaise with bank lender partners and internal stakeholders, including Sales, Operations and Product, to provide strategic insights and improve the bank lending operation and optimize across Product & Process for frictionless bank fundings.
- Manage & maintain Fundera’s SBA pipeline to ensure high velocity and an efficient funding process for customers.
- Be a trusted resource internally to the Fundera sales team to demonstrate deep understanding of the bank loan process.
- Audit borrower applications and documents to ensure completeness and compliance with bank requirements.
- An excellent communicator that can build rapport with customers, bank partners, and internal team members early and often.
- Detail oriented, and understand that the little things matter.
- Organized and can effectively prioritize multiple customers’ requests at once.
- Able to utilize resources, such as existing bank lenders, lending guides, and team members to get answers to tough questions.
- Intellectually curious, and show interest in understanding the “why” behind bank requirements and business processes, in order to make suggestions for continuous improvement.
- Able to work quickly and understand the intricacies of lender processes, moving with urgency to get customers funded as quickly as possible.
We recognize not everyone will meet all of these requirements. If you meet most of the criteria below and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any field of study.
- One plus years experience in client-facing roles through customer service, sales, account management, or related fields.
- Experience with the lending or banking industry a plus.
- This role will be based in New York, NY.
What we offer:
Work hard, stay balanced (Life’s a series of balancing acts, eh?)
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employees and their dependents
- Rejuvenation Policy – Flexible Time Off + 12 holidays + Mental Health Days
- New Parent Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Mental health support through Ginger.io
- Paid sabbatical for Nerds to recharge, gain knowledge and pursue their interests
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA with monthly NerdWallet contribution
- Weekly Virtual Bootcamp, Yoga and Mindfulness Meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Stipend and Cell Phone Stipend
Have some fun! (Nerds are fun, too)
- Nerd-led group initiatives – Intramural Sports, Employee Resource Groups for Parents, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Women, LGBTQIA, and other communities
- Hackathons, Happy Hours and team bonding across all teams and departments
- Company-wide events like Little Nerds Day (aka bring your kids to work day, even if you're remote!) and our annual Charity Auction
Lifestyle (Be your best self - we’ll take care of the details)
- Our Nerds love to make an impact by paying it forward – Donate to your favorite causes with a company matchwiFi
- WiFi stipend, work from home equipment stipend and co-working space subsidy
- Commuting stipend and catered breakfast, lunch and onsite barista for SF based Nerds
- Anniversary recognition program – choose from different items and experiences
Plan for your future (And when you retire on your island, remember the little people)
- 401K with company match
- Annual Enrichment Stipend for learning and development
- Be the first to test and benefit from our new financial products and tools
- Access to Rocket Lawyer for online legal support and resources
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.