NerdWallet is seeking a driven and experienced Equity Administrator to join our team. The successful candidate will manage the company’s day-to-day equity plan administration including maintaining stock plan documentation, processing stock grants, and acting as the point of contact for vendors, internal teams, and employees.
We’re looking for a problem solver with a strong attention to detail, who can bring experience to NerdWallet to help build a strong foundation for the future. We’re looking for a talented and motivated individual to help continue to build the Stock Administration department with the goal of operating at a level of excellence.
This person will report to the Head of Stock Administration & Payroll.
Where you can make an impact:
- Own processing of all types of stock grants, exercises, lapses, and reporting of payroll and taxes (including Performance Stock, Restricted Stock, Stock Units, and Non-Qualified Stock Options)
- Partner with cross-functional teams such as Human Resources, Legal, and Accounting on all matters related to equity
- Lead on employee communications and respond to inquiries as they arise; coordinating with internal teams and vendors to resolve issues, as appropriate
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Customer-service oriented and passionate about effective collaboration. You have excellent interpersonal skills, including analytical, problem-solving, verbal, listening and written communication, when collaborating both internally and externally
- Organized and detail-oriented. You possess strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects to meet strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive, efficient, and resourceful. You think of ways to constantly improve the current process for better efficiency and accuracy
- Data and results-driven. You have the ability to recommend and initiate new project ideas based on data and/or research
We recognize not everyone will have all of these requirements. If you meet most of the criteria below and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you.
- Experience working with different types of Equity Plans (ISO, NSO, RSU, ESPP, etc.), and experience with an insider trading program
- Experience with third party record keeping systems, like Shareworks
- Knowledge of stock ownership compliance administration as well as the ability to interpret and understand legal documents such as security regulations and government regulations
- Strong Excel and Powerpoint skills
- This role will be based in San Francisco, CA or remote (based in the U.S.).
- We believe great work can be done anywhere. No matter where you are based, NerdWallet offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your family.
What we offer:
Work hard, stay balanced (Life’s a series of balancing acts, eh?)
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employees and their dependents
- Rejuvenation Policy – Flexible Time Off + 12 holidays + Mental Health Days
- New Parent Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Mental health support through Ginger.io
- Paid sabbatical for Nerds to recharge, gain knowledge and pursue their interests
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA with monthly NerdWallet contribution
- Weekly Virtual Bootcamp, Yoga and Mindfulness Meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Stipend and Cell Phone Stipend
Have some fun! (Nerds are fun, too)
- Nerd-led group initiatives – Intramural Sports, Employee Resource Groups for Parents, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Women, LGBTQIA, and other communities
- Hackathons, Happy Hours and team bonding across all teams and departments
- Company-wide events like Little Nerds Day (aka bring your kids to work day, even if you're remote!) and our annual Charity Auction
Lifestyle (Be your best self - we’ll take care of the details)
- Our Nerds love to make an impact by paying it forward – Donate to your favorite causes with a company match
- WiFi stipend, work from home equipment stipend, and co-working space subsidy
- Commuting stipend and catered breakfast, lunch and onsite barista for SF based Nerds
- Anniversary recognition program – choose from different items and experiences
Plan for your future (And when you retire on your island, remember the little people)
- 401K with company match
- Annual Enrichment Stipend for learning and development
- Be the first to test and benefit from our new financial products and tools
- Access to Rocket Lawyer for online legal support and resources
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.