We're problem solvers at heart. And we build engaging products and experiences that meet those needs.
New York, NY or Remote (Based in the U.S.)
Product Manager, Data (Fundera)
Fundera is the go-to financial resource for small businesses. We’re here to help entrepreneurs achieve their financial goals and grow businesses as big as their aspirations; you would be key to delivering that experience.
Fundera.com along with its recent acquisition by NerdWallet will be the biggest acquisition driver across all of Fundera’s loan and affiliate product verticals. We are seeking a Product Manager to drive the growth of our business by bringing the user experience across both domains to the next level. This is a unique opportunity for a data-driven product manager who is obsessed with accelerating growth through continuous testing and optimization.
Where you can make an impact:
- You will be the go-to resource for building & maintaining product/user reporting across the entire user journey for multiple products
- You will provide the quantitative insights necessary to enable the leadership team to make strategic decisions about the business
- You will arm the product team with the quantitative insights necessary to inform the product roadmap
- You will help optimize how we segment our customer and create dynamic experiences for each group
- You will facilitate our entire testing strategy by collaborating with engineers & other stakeholders
- You will define our data integrity and governance guidelines to build a sustainable and trustworthy data pipeline for product, engineering and business teams
- You will serve as the SME across our full portfolio of analytics tools and software
- Self-driven, passionate about impacting business with data
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders and other product managers to inform priorities and to deliver value incrementally
- Passionate about unearthing and structuring data to enable the business to grow
- Interested in using data & analytics to make decisions and to improve the customer experience
- Energized by understanding and improving internal data flows
- Unlock the value of our data to power the whole monetization business
- Continue to mine data for ever greater value, initiating projects and working cross-functionally to unlock its value
- Outstanding skill of communication, collaboration, project management, excellent team player, strong sense of responsibility
- Use internal and third party data to help prioritize opportunities to drive customer growth
This is our ideal wishlist, but most people don’t check every box on every job description. If you meet most of the criteria below and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you.
- Experience using data to help inform priorities and roadmaps
- Experience presenting data to stakeholders and other departments
- 2-3 years of experience in product management for data applications, or data analysis
- Experienced writing queries to pull data, create and manage dashboards
- Postgres, snowflake, looker or other BI tools a plus
- Experience in Fintech is a plus
- This role will be based in New York, NY or remote (based in the U.S.).
- We believe great work can be done anywhere. No matter where you are based, NerdWallet offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your family.
What we offer:
Work hard, stay balanced (Life’s a series of balancing acts, eh?)
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employees and their dependents
- Rejuvenation Policy – Flexible Time Off + 12 holidays + Mental Health Days
- New Parent Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Mental health support through Ginger.io
- Paid sabbatical for Nerds to recharge, gain knowledge and pursue their interests
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA with monthly NerdWallet contribution
- Weekly Virtual Bootcamp, Yoga and Mindfulness Meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Stipend and Cell Phone Stipend
- WiFi stipend, work from home equipment stipend, and co-working space subsidy
Have some fun! (Nerds are fun, too)
- Nerd-led group initiatives – Intramural Sports, Employee Resource Groups for Parents, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Women, LGBTQIA, and other communities
- Hackathons, Happy Hours and team bonding across all teams and departments
- Company-wide events like Little Nerds Day (aka bring your kids to work day, even if you're remote!) and our annual Charity Auction
Lifestyle (Be your best self - we’ll take care of the details)
- Our Nerds love to make an impact by paying it forward – Donate to your favorite causes with a company match
- Work from home equipment stipend and co-working space subsidy
- Commuting stipend and catered breakfast, lunch and onsite barista for SF based Nerds
- Anniversary recognition program – choose from different items and experiences
Plan for your future (And when you retire on your island, remember the little people)
- 401K with company match
- Annual Enrichment Stipend for learning and development
- Be the first to test and benefit from our new financial products and tools
- Access to Rocket Lawyer for online legal support and resources
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.