We're problem solvers at heart. And we build engaging products and experiences that meet those needs.
San Francisco, CA or Remote (Based in the U.S.)
Product Manager (Platform)
As a Product Manager on our Platform Team you will be building and scaling services that drive NerdWallet’s growth. The Platform team is responsible for building and maintaining the systems and tools that our product relies on - from our user identity systems to data integrations to financial partner integrations. You will work with product leaders to define strategic platform investments that help all of our products get better over time. You will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to identify, define, and prioritize initiatives. Finally, you will collaborate closely with engineers to execute initiatives with excellence.
Where you can make an impact:
- Manage one of Platform’s many team’s roadmap by understanding how NerdWallet is using personal finance to drive retention
- Develop a technical understanding of our product’s systems and work with engineers and stakeholders to identify meaningful improvements
- Drive new feature development from start to finish - write specs, work cross-functionally with other teams and engineering/design pods, launch features, analyze results and synthesize learnings
- Identify, evaluate, and integrate new data sources and vendors
- Evaluate and support integrations with key partners
- Manage a variety of stakeholders - business & product leaders, engineers, partners, and especially our end users - by making thoughtful trade-offs and communicating clearly
- Build relationships and collaborate with people across the company.
- A Focus on Execution: You have the organizational and analytical skills to effectively manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Strategic Intuition: You can synthesize external and internal data and team feedback to develop a coherent roadmap for our growing product needs
- An Analytical Approach: You can properly evaluate the success or failure of features and use data to guide next steps.
- A Collaborative Style: You work comfortably across teams and disciplines leveraging their talents, expertise, and insight to achieve shared goals
- Strong Client Empathy: You can imagine the world as others see it and understand their motivations and needs
- Exceptional Communication Skills: You have excellent written and oral communication skills to drive the platform vision within the organization
- A Commitment to Quality: You understand that a variety of stakeholders depend on platforms and that maintaining quality is a key feature
We recognize not everyone will meet all of these requirements. If you meet most of the criteria below and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you.
- 2+ years of technical or platform product management experience, preferably at a consumer driven company.
- A track record of successfully leading product development from concept through post-launch growth.
- Technical background (e.g. degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent professional experience)
- Experience working with vendors
- Experience at a financial technology company is a plus
- This role will be based in San Francisco, CA or remote (based in the U.S.).
- We believe great work can be done anywhere. No matter where you are based, NerdWallet offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your family.
What we offer:
Work hard, stay balanced (Life’s a series of balancing acts, eh?)
- Industry leading medical, dental, and vision health care plans for employees and their dependents
- Rejuvenation Policy – Flexible Time Off + 13 holidays + 4 Mental Health Days Off
- New Parent Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Mental health support through Ginger.io
- Financial wellness, guidance, and unlimited access to a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) through Northstar
- Paid sabbatical for Nerds to recharge, gain knowledge and pursue their interests
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA Plan with monthly NerdWallet contribution
- Weekly Virtual Bootcamp, Yoga, and Mindfulness Meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Stipend, Cell Phone Stipend, and Wifi Stipend
Have some fun! (Nerds are fun, too)
- Nerd-led group initiatives – Intramural Sports, Employee Resource Groups for Parents, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Women, LGBTQIA, and other communities
- Hackathons, Happy Hours and team bonding across all teams and departments
- Company-wide events like Little Nerds Day (aka bring your kids to work day, even if you're remote!) and our annual Charity Auction
Lifestyle (Be your best self - we’ll take care of the details)
- Our Nerds love to make an impact by paying it forward – Donate to your favorite causes with a company match
- Work from home equipment stipend and co-working space subsidy
- Commuting stipend and catered breakfast, lunch and onsite barista for SF based Nerds
- Anniversary recognition program – choose from different items and experiences
Plan for your future (And when you retire on your island, remember the little people)
- 401K with company match
- Annual Enrichment Stipend for learning and development
- Be the first to test and benefit from our new financial products and tools
- Access to Rocket Lawyer for online legal support and resources
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.