We're problem solvers at heart. And we build engaging products and experiences that meet those needs.
New York, NY or Remote (Based in the U.S.)
Product Manager (Fundera)
At Fundera, by NerdWallet, one of the core value propositions is the ability for Small Business loan applicants to fill out one easy loan application on Fundera in order to see all of their funding options. As the Product Manager on this team, your role is to help applicants quickly and easily achieve this goal by playing a key role in contributing to the strategy, product direction, and overall prioritization process of the SMB applicant experience. You will be collaborating with fast-paced, cross functional teams responsible for creating & delivering impactful products to small business owners, lending partners and Fundera.
Where you can make an impact:
- Own & drive the strategy & roadmap for a strategic area within Nerdwallet SMB’s product suite and experience
- Collaborate with a high-exposure cross-functional team including the Executive Leadership, Engineering, Design, Marketing, Business Development, Sales, and other Product Managers, in order to define and launch new products and features
- Interact with external partners in the financial services (such as banks, insurance providers, payment providers, etc) to scale the product suite within Nerdwallet SMB
- Build a deep understanding of what customers & partners need to successfully utilize Nerdwallet SMB’s products and put them first.
- Lead weekly planning and product prioritization, and contribute to planning long term tech investments & defining priorities.
- Set clear goals and metrics for the team as well as new products and features and be held accountable to achieving them.
- Inspire and lead a team/project effectively (providing updates, meeting deadlines and driving decisions forward)
- Someone with a proven track record of working with UX and Design to launch products and features.
- Coming into the role with a clear, demonstrated product methodology or framework.
- Curious. Have an entrepreneurial spirit, a self-starter with a strong work ethic, effective communication skills and the ability to manage ambiguity in the context of requirements.
- Comfortable with rapid A/B testing, iterating, and reporting out on results.
- Excited to build trust with customers, collaborators, and cross-functional teams.
- Can work across the entire business stack and make an impact at different stages of the product: building vision & strategy, ensuring all the loose ends are tied up when executing and making sure the operational components to support your product line are in place
- Obsess about continuous product improvement based on customer feedback and data
We recognize not everyone will have all of these requirements. If you meet most of the criteria below and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you.
- 3-5 years of product management experience working on data driven B2B/C platforms and technology at established tech companies and/or startups.
- Successfully shipped products and features through conception, ideation, execution, and launch.
- Proven success in working with a pod or team that includes engineering, design, and stakeholders to prioritize and ship.
Nice to haves
- Experience creating & contributing to a centralized product feedback process that helped contribute to quarterly planning and product prioritization
- Experience writing/editing/contributing to documentation, training materials, help articles to support product launches
- Running QA testing programs for product launches
- Experience in Fintech
- Experience in the SMB market
- This role will be based in New York, NY or remote (based in the U.S.).
- We believe great work can be done anywhere. No matter where you are based, NerdWallet offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your family.
What we offer:
Work hard, stay balanced (Life’s a series of balancing acts, eh?)
- Industry leading medical, dental, and vision health care plans for employees and their dependents
- Rejuvenation Policy – Flexible Time Off + 13 holidays + 4 Mental Health Days Off
- New Parent Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Mental health support through Ginger.io
- Financial wellness, guidance, and unlimited access to a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) through Northstar
- Paid sabbatical for Nerds to recharge, gain knowledge and pursue their interests
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA Plan with monthly NerdWallet contribution
- Weekly Virtual Bootcamp, Yoga, and Mindfulness Meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Stipend, Cell Phone Stipend, and Wifi Stipend
Have some fun! (Nerds are fun, too)
- Nerd-led group initiatives – Intramural Sports, Employee Resource Groups for Parents, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Women, LGBTQIA, and other communities
- Hackathons, Happy Hours and team bonding across all teams and departments
- Company-wide events like Little Nerds Day (aka bring your kids to work day, even if you're remote!) and our annual Charity Auction
Lifestyle (Be your best self - we’ll take care of the details)
- Our Nerds love to make an impact by paying it forward – Donate to your favorite causes with a company match
- WiFi stipend, work from home equipment stipend, and co-working space subsidy
- Commuting stipend and catered breakfast, lunch and onsite barista for SF based Nerds
- Anniversary recognition program – choose from different items and experiences
Plan for your future (And when you retire on your island, remember the little people)
- 401K with company match
- Annual Enrichment Stipend for learning and development
- Be the first to test and benefit from our new financial products and tools
- Access to Rocket Lawyer for online legal support and resources
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.