We're building the data infrastructure and consumer applications that support our core business and developing products.
New York, NY or Remote (Based in the U.S.)
Software Engineer - Data (Fundera)
NerdWallet SMB is on a mission to provide the tools, information, and insight people need to navigate small business financial decisions. As a fast growing company, we are preparing for a future of tremendous growth and transformation.
We are looking for an engineer to take ownership of the SMB data stack, from analytics and tracking all the way to BI reporting and insights.
Where you can make an impact:
- Driving the data strategy of the NerdWallet SMB team, and owning the data stack end-to-end
- Define process and drive implementation of event tracking on consumer-facing website and mobile applications using tools such as Mixpanel, Google Analytics
- Implement and oversee data tracking and ingestion processes across all data sources, such as Salesforce, Postgres, Google Analytics, and Mixpanel
- Monitor data stack health and make necessary infrastructure changes to support reporting needs long term
- Integrate directly with the broader NerdWallet data stack and bridge the SMB (Fundera) stack as necessary
- Able to develop and deliver Data services and systems that are reliable and scalable
- Comfortable operating in a time-sensitive environment with competing deadlines, by appropriately prioritizing the short and long term paths based on an Agile development process
- Self-starting and driven to find root-causes of reporting mismatches, and can query SQL datastores such as Snowflakes with ease
- Comfortable interfacing directly with business stakeholders and non-technical teammates to deliver reporting and analytics needs
We recognize not everyone will meet all of these requirements. If you meet most of the criteria below and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you.
- Experience designing, building and operating robust data systems
- Experience interfacing directly with product, BD, and marketing teams to collaborate on consumer conversion initiatives
- Experience with the modern startup data stack and cloud providers such as AWS, Google Cloud, etc. and datastores such as Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery
- Experience working in ambiguous, fast-moving environments such as startups
- Effectively work across team boundaries to establish overarching data architecture, and provide guidance to individual teams.
- Strong working knowledge of relational databases and query building and high-performance query design (SQL).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- This role will be based in New York, NY or remote (based in the U.S.).
- We believe great work can be done anywhere. No matter where you are based, NerdWallet offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your family.
What we offer:
Work hard, stay balanced (Life’s a series of balancing acts, eh?)
- Industry leading medical, dental, and vision health care plans for employees and their dependents
- Rejuvenation Policy – Flexible Time Off + 13 holidays + 4 Mental Health Days Off
- New Parent Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Mental health support through Ginger.io
- Financial wellness, guidance, and unlimited access to a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) through Northstar
- Paid sabbatical for Nerds to recharge, gain knowledge and pursue their interests
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA Plan with monthly NerdWallet contribution
- Weekly Virtual Bootcamp, Yoga, and Mindfulness Meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Stipend, Cell Phone Stipend, and Wifi Stipend
Have some fun! (Nerds are fun, too)
- Nerd-led group initiatives – Intramural Sports, Employee Resource Groups for Parents, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Women, LGBTQIA, and other communities
- Hackathons, Happy Hours and team bonding across all teams and departments
- Company-wide events like Little Nerds Day (aka bring your kids to work day, even if you're remote!) and our annual Charity Auction
Lifestyle (Be your best self - we’ll take care of the details)
- Our Nerds love to make an impact by paying it forward – Donate to your favorite causes with a company match
- WiFi stipend, work from home equipment stipend, and co-working space subsidy
- Commuting stipend and catered breakfast, lunch and onsite barista for SF based Nerds
- Anniversary recognition program – choose from different items and experiences
Plan for your future (And when you retire on your island, remember the little people)
- 401K with company match
- Annual Enrichment Stipend for learning and development
- Be the first to test and benefit from our new financial products and tools
- Access to Rocket Lawyer for online legal support and resources
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.