We use data-driven and creative inputs to develop growth strategies aimed at expanding our reach and building trust.
San Francisco, CA or Remote (Based in the U.S.)
Associate Creative Strategist (YouTube), Content Marketing
NerdWallet is looking to hire an Associate Creative Strategist (YouTube) to work on our Brand Marketing Team, supporting our Content Marketing efforts.
Our Brand Team is responsible for getting people to know, trust and love NerdWallet as their go-to resource for expert, trusted financial guidance. In this role, you would specifically be working on the Content Marketing side of the Brand Team. While our advertising campaigns team focuses on advertising the promise of NerdWallet and our products, the content marketing team helps pay off on the promise by making sure we are engaging our fans with helpful financial guidance in their favorite media channels. As an Associate Creative Strategist (YouTube) you will be responsible for crafting the strategies to grow our YouTube channel. The ideal candidate will have experience growing a YouTube channel by combining creative storytelling with data-driven optimization tactics and understands how to execute a differentiated brand strategy that translates to clear business results. This role reports to the Senior Manager, Content Marketing.
Where You Can Make An Impact:
- Develop creative communications strategies for owned digital channels: You’ll lead channel strategy and creative briefing for NerdWallet’s YouTube channel. You’ll partner with the editorial team and design teams on the development and execution of video content inline with business objectives and channel best-practices. You’ll make sure this always reflects channel, consumer, and brand-first thinking (whether writing copy for a thumbnail, optimizing video titles, or helping craft a YouTube script).
- Conduct research, generate insights: You will have your finger on the pulse of trending topics, cultural conversations, and the latest finance news, to help your teammates understand which video topics are most likely to resonate with our target audience.
- Channel Optimization: You have a strong grasp of SEO strategy and will embrace video analytics to provide clear and thoughtful recommendations to optimize our video strategy to maximize reach and engagement.
- Collaboration: This role sits at the intersection of brand strategy, SEO, editorial, and design. You’ll be responsible for seamlessly coordinating with stakeholders across a range of teams to pinpoint strategies that deliver optimal business results for NerdWallet.
- Reporting & Analysis: You’ll be reporting on video results across our YouTube channel and website, synthesizing learnings and next steps in monthly recaps for cross-functional partner review, and incorporate learnings into go-forward strategy.
- Influencer Management: You’ll leverage audience research and platform signals to craft influencer strategies that will rapidly accelerate the growth of our channel.
- Proactively recommend new ideas and identify opportunities: You’ll recommend new ideas that will improve performance quarter over quarter, while setting quarterly performance benchmarks based on strategy, tactics and budget.
- A Proven Digital Strategist: You understand what it takes to grow an audience and you’re thrilled to demonstrate what a great video strategy can do for NerdWallet. You know how to identify trending topics and authentically integrate brands into the cultural conversation.
- Analytical: You love sifting through data to find that key nugget of insight that will drive our channel forward. You are able to translate complex data into easy-to-understand reports with clear take-aways.
- A Brand Steward: Able to merge creative ideas with audience insights, you’ll tell us how each video series gets us closer to becoming a household name in personal finance.
- Curious and Creative: You’re an out-of-the-box thinker who thinks creatively and takes risks. And you never stop learning how we can leverage available technologies to more meaningfully engage our audience in the channels they love.
- Consumer-obsessed: You never stop learning how we can more meaningfully impact consumer perception and behavior; you’re comfortable using consumer listening and measurement tools to make better decisions on behalf of our fans & followers.
- A Strong Communicator: You’re comfortable presenting, influencing key stakeholders and cross-functional partners, supporting teammates – speaking the languages of both creative and data-oriented individuals.
We recognize not everyone will meet all of these requirements. If you meet most of the criteria below and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you.
- 3-5 years working on brand-owned digital video channels, ideally YouTube (either in-house or at a creative agency)
- You have experience building digital channels that consumers love. And you’ve built best-in-class content marketing strategies that combine platform optimization with highly-engaging content.
- You’ve helped differentiate your brand from the competition and can demonstrate a clear understanding of brand positioning, consumer personas, and channels. You can point to clear examples of how your optimized strategies have improved business impact.
- You have strong SEO copywriting skills and have work samples that demonstrate copy that is on-brand and optimized to rank.
- You’ve worked with creative design teams, paid media strategists, and cross-functional partners. You’ve also built creative marketing strategies and turned them into clear, compelling briefs.
- You’ve routinely project-managed creative strategies from brief to execution to results.
- You have an in-depth knowledge of digital marketing platforms and reporting tools including: YouTube, Google Analytics, social listening and keyword research tools. Experience in digital advertising campaign management is a bonus.
- This role will be based in San Francisco, CA or remote (based in the U.S.).
- We believe great work can be done anywhere. No matter where you are based, NerdWallet offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your family.
What we offer:
Work Hard, Stay Balanced (Life’s a series of balancing acts, eh?)
- Industry-leading medical, dental, and vision health care plans for employees and their dependents
- Rejuvenation Policy – Flexible Time Off + 13 holidays + 4 Mental Health Days Off
- New Parent Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Mental health support through Ginger.io
- Financial wellness, guidance, and unlimited access to a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) through Northstar
- Paid sabbatical for Nerds to recharge, gain knowledge and pursue their interests
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA Plan with monthly NerdWallet contribution
- Weekly Virtual Bootcamp, Yoga, and Mindfulness Meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Stipend, Cell Phone Stipend, and Wifi Stipend
Have Some Fun! (Nerds are fun, too)
- Nerd-led group initiatives – Intramural Sports, Employee Resource Groups for Parents, Diversity, and Inclusion, Women, LGBTQIA, and other communities
- Hackathons, Happy Hours, and team events across all teams and departments
- Company-wide events like Little Nerds Day (aka bring your kids to work day, even if you're remote!) and our annual Charity Auction
Lifestyle (Be your best self - we’ll take care of the details)
- Our Nerds love to make an impact by paying it forward – Donate to your favorite causes with a company match
- Work from home equipment stipend and co-working space subsidy
- Anniversary recognition program – choose from different items and experiences
- Commuting stipend
Plan for your future (And when you retire on your island, remember the little people)
- 401K with company match
- Annual Enrichment Stipend for learning and development
- Be the first to test and benefit from our new financial products and tools
- Access to Rocket Lawyer for online legal support and resources
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.