We use data-driven and creative inputs to develop growth strategies aimed at expanding our reach and building trust.
San Francisco, CA or Remote (Based in the U.S.)
Organic Growth Manager II (Lending)
Growing our company with strategic and analytical marketers is a high priority for us. We are seeking an experienced Organic Growth Manager to join our SEO Team supporting the Lending verticals. You will be an instrumental part of leading the organic audience acquisition strategy alongside our diverse team of Organic Growth Managers as we support our company’s mission to provide clarity across all life’s financial decisions!
In this role, the top initiative is to ensure we continue building our organic visitor traffic which has a direct impact on NerdWallet’s success. You will be responsible for owning the overall Lending audience acquisition strategy with a focus on SEO. Flexing your problem-solving skills, you'll delve into our Lending verticals and craft the execution and delivery of key initiatives across content, product, business, and marketing. The right candidate is an excellent cross-functional partner, can balance multiple priorities and thrives in a fast-paced environment. If you want to develop your skills in organic growth marketing or SEO, we encourage you to apply!
If you were here 6 months ago, here are some things you might have worked on:
- Architect a Traffic & Monetization Annual Plan incorporating organic audience behavior patterns, Google SERP development and macroeconomic factors
- Delve into challenging, complex problems while building a growth path for both emerging and legacy verticals
Where you can make an impact:
- Own vertical performance and proactively find opportunities to improve existing tactics and/or implement new ones
- Champion effective communication and practical recommendations to ensure alignment across product, content, and marketing teams
- Partner with Brand, Performance, CRM, and other core marketing functions to collaborate on full-funnel user journey strategies
- Maintain backlog of testing recommendations to consistently Hypothesize, Build, Measure, and Learn
- A problem-solver biased for action: knows how to assess and approach a situation to understand the root of the problem quickly to make decisions that drive execution with little oversight; you take ownership and initiative for crafting strategy and execution
- Data-driven and analytical: skilled at turning data points into actionable insights; you focus on 80:20 analysis, prioritizing speed over perfection; you identify biased or incorrect data and address it appropriately
- Resilient: able to adapt to changing situations and ambiguity by being proactive and taking the initiative to get things done
- Collaborative: build effective working relationships with Content teams, Engineering teams, and Business partners through clear, reliable communication
We recognize not everyone will meet all of the criteria. If you meet most of the requirements below and you’re passionate about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you.
- Understanding or expertise in SEO and SEO tools
- 5+ years of work experience in growth marketing, strategy consulting, or business operations at a high growth B2C or B2B company
- Proven track record of delivering business outcomes and/or products that move the needle on company metrics
- Experience working with Editorial Content teams to improve channel distribution
- Experience in either local SEO at scale (100+ locations) or with enterprise websites over 50k pages
- This role will be based in San Francisco, CA or remote (based in the U.S.).
- We believe great work can be done anywhere. No matter where you are based, NerdWallet offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your family.
What we offer:
- The salary range for this role is $96,000-$180,000.
- Base pay offered may vary within the posted range based on several factors, including but not limited to education, job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
Work Hard, Stay Balanced (Life’s a series of balancing acts, eh?)
- Industry-leading medical, dental, and vision health care plans for employees and their dependents
- Rejuvenation Policy – Flexible Time Off + 13 holidays + 4 Mental Health Days Off
- New Parent Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Mental health support through Ginger.io
- Financial wellness, guidance, and unlimited access to a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) through Northstar
- Paid sabbatical for Nerds to recharge, gain knowledge and pursue their interests
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA Plan with monthly NerdWallet contribution
- Weekly Virtual Bootcamp, Yoga, and Mindfulness Meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Stipend, Cell Phone Stipend, and Wifi Stipend
Have Some Fun! (Nerds are fun, too)
- Nerd-led group initiatives – Intramural Sports, Employee Resource Groups for Parents, Diversity, and Inclusion, Women, LGBTQIA, and other communities
- Hackathons, Happy Hours, and team events across all teams and departments
- Company-wide events like Little Nerds Day (aka bring your kids to work day, even if you're remote!) and our annual Charity Auction
Lifestyle (Be your best self - we’ll take care of the details)
- Our Nerds love to make an impact by paying it forward – Donate to your favorite causes with a company match
- Work from home equipment stipend and co-working space subsidy
- Anniversary recognition program – choose from different items and experiences
- Commuting stipend
Plan for your future (And when you retire on your island, remember the little people)
- 401K with company match
- Annual Enrichment Stipend for learning and development
- Be the first to test and benefit from our new financial products and tools
- Access to Rocket Lawyer for online legal support and resources
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.