We use data-driven and creative inputs to develop growth strategies aimed at expanding our reach and building trust.
San Francisco, CA or Remote (Based in the U.S.)
Performance Marketing Manager I (SMB)
NerdWallet is seeking a highly driven, hands-on Performance Marketing Manager to join our SMB (Small and Medium Business) Team. Our SMB Team is here to help entrepreneurs and established businesses alike achieve their financial goals and grow their businesses as large as their aspirations. Performance marketing has the opportunity to accelerate the already rapid growth in this line of business by testing into new channels, sub-verticals and up-leveling established tactics.
This role will focus on driving revenue growth for the company while supporting NerdWallet’s mission of providing clarity for all of life’s financial decisions. This position will report to a Sr. Performance Marketing Manager.
Where you can make an impact:
- Lead and grow our established SEM campaigns to outstanding levels
- Define, launch, and grow new channels to increase scale profitably
- Stand up new campaigns to support growing lines of business
- Collaborate with an experienced team of product, engineering, and data cross-functional partners
- Work on high impact, user acquisition-focused initiatives related to paid digital marketing, partnerships, and the NerdWallet brand
- Be the channel authority teams look to as their marketing needs scale
- An original and creative problem solver: You can drive towards independent/creative solutions that go beyond the standard playbook
- Operational master: You always know how your campaigns, keywords and audiences are performing, and are constantly working to uncover growth opportunities
- Data driven: You prioritize analytics over instincts when it comes to decision making and are comfortable with complex data sets and LTV models
- Strategic: You know how to synthesize data and inputs into important and practical insights and you know what is going to move the needle most
- Flexible: You easily adjust to constantly evolving needs of a company in hyper-growth mode
We recognize not everyone will meet all of the criteria. If you meet most of the criteria below and you’re passionate about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you.
- 3+ years relevant SEM work experience leading multi-million dollar budgets
- Familiarity with affiliate, display, native, and social lead acquisition channels
- Track record of scaling SEM campaigns through consistent bidding strategy evolution, keyword/audience segmentation, ad copy and landing page testing
- Makes strategic decisions and forecasting projections based on business, driven and macro-level industry insights
- Collaborates effectively with cross-functional teams to advance complex projects
- This role will be based in San Francisco, CA or remote (based in the U.S.).
- We believe great work can be done anywhere. No matter where you are based, NerdWallet offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your family.
What we offer:
- The salary range for this role is $85,000-$138,000.
- Base pay offered may vary within the posted range based on several factors, including but not limited to education, job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
Work Hard, Stay Balanced (Life’s a series of balancing acts, eh?)
- Industry-leading medical, dental, and vision health care plans for employees and their dependents
- Rejuvenation Policy – Flexible Time Off + 13 holidays + 4 Mental Health Days Off
- New Parent Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Mental health support through Ginger.io
- Financial wellness, guidance, and unlimited access to a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) through Northstar
- Paid sabbatical for Nerds to recharge, gain knowledge and pursue their interests
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA Plan with monthly NerdWallet contribution
- Weekly Virtual Bootcamp, Yoga, and Mindfulness Meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Stipend, Cell Phone Stipend, and Wifi Stipend
Have Some Fun! (Nerds are fun, too)
- Nerd-led group initiatives – Intramural Sports, Employee Resource Groups for Parents, Diversity, and Inclusion, Women, LGBTQIA, and other communities
- Hackathons, Happy Hours, and team events across all teams and departments
- Company-wide events like Little Nerds Day (aka bring your kids to work day, even if you're remote!) and our annual Charity Auction
Lifestyle (Be your best self - we’ll take care of the details)
- Our Nerds love to make an impact by paying it forward – Donate to your favorite causes with a company match
- Work from home equipment stipend and co-working space subsidy
- Anniversary recognition program – choose from different items and experiences
- Commuting stipend
Plan for your future (And when you retire on your island, remember the little people)
- 401K with company match
- Annual Enrichment Stipend for learning and development
- Be the first to test and benefit from our new financial products and tools
- Access to Rocket Lawyer for online legal support and resources
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.