We help people lead richer lives by creating content that makes complex financial decisions easier to understand.
Location: Norwich, UK or Remote (Based in the UK)
Employment type: FTE
NerdWallet is seeking a determined, journalistic-minded writer to cover our Small and Midsize Business segment and help drive rapid audience growth and engagement in the U.K. This position will report to the Managing Editor of NerdWallet U.K.
Founded in 2009, NerdWallet is a publicly traded personal finance company that’s on a mission to provide clarity for all of life’s financial decisions. Headquartered in San Francisco, California, our team consists of over 700 Nerds that work to provide consumers and small businesses with personalized, unbiased and actionable insights so they can make smart money moves. Our UK team, based out of Norwich and made up of about 30 Nerds, is a tenacious, high-growth unit focused on furthering our mission in a new market.
Where you can make an impact:
- Write rigorously fact-checked stories with a strong consumer-first tone that are aligned to NerdWallet U.K.’s biggest priority focus areas
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners and leverage analytics insights to smartly improve the user experience through new content and frequent optimizations
- Help shape NerdWallet's rapidly evolving consumer offering with contributions to diverse product experiences like calculators, product reviews and comparison tools
- Tenacious and self-directed. You can tackle anything from story assignments and developing new sources to product reviews and comparison tools – all with urgency and a willingness to drive towards creative solutions that may go beyond the standard playbook.
- Structured, thoughtful, and analytical. You are organized in your approach and are eager to diligently understand how your direct contributions inform the bigger picture.
- Passionate about consumers. You have a strong focus on user needs and an intellectual curiosity about the content, products and capabilities that help meet them.
- Flexible. You easily and eagerly adjust to the constantly evolving needs of a company in hyper-growth mode.
- Open, candid, and constructive. You work hard to ensure clear and frequent communication lines with cross functional partners. Being able to provide, and receive, candid feedback will help you establish relationships and overcome roadblocks faster.
We recognize not everyone will meet all of the criteria. If you meet most of the criteria below and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you.
- 2+ years relevant work experience writing about personal or small-business finance for consumer-facing publications in the U.K.
- Strong track record of defining and delivering against personal and professional goals.
- Ability to partner effectively with cross-functional teams and external contacts and sources to communicate with a solutions-first approach.
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, hyper-growth work environment.
- Strong familiarity with SEO best practices.
- A proven passion for helping consumers and small businesses.
- This role will be based in Norwich, UK or remote (based in the UK).
- We believe great work can be done anywhere. No matter where you are based, NerdWallet offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your family.
What We Offer:
- Generous Pension: NerdWallet offers up to 6% matched pension contribution
- 25 days holiday per year
- Wellness stipend: NerdWallet gives every employee a monthly wellness stipend. It is yours to use however you’d like
- Career enrichment stipend: We value a growth mindset, and we never stop learning Each year, you will have funds to help you grow professionally in your role at NerdWallet
- Mental health support: We take mental health seriously. To offer you mental health support, NerdWallet partners with Ginger, a chat-based mental health app. You are able to use Ginger anytime, any place
- Legal support: NerdWallet offers access to online legal support through Rocket Lawyer
- Wifi stipend: NerdWallet gives every remote employee a monthly Wifi stipend
NerdWallet is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected characteristic: age; gender reassignment; being married or in a civil partnership; being pregnant or on maternity leave; disability; race including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin; religion or belief; sex; or sexual orientation. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process.