We make sure our users have a delightful on-site experience and represent their voice to all of the teams.
San Francisco, CA or Remote (Based in the U.S.)
Support Operations Analyst (Contract)
Are you passionate about providing exceptional user experiences while working in a dynamic and collaborative environment? At NerdWallet, we're dedicated to helping our users make smarter financial decisions. We're seeking a skilled and enthusiastic Support Operations Analyst to join our team and play a pivotal role in providing exemplary support to consumers interacting with our brand.
As a Support Operations Analyst, you’ll help provide account and technical support to NerdWallet’s rapidly growing membership base. As part of the User Operations team, you will play a key role in ensuring success with NerdWallet’s products, tools and marketplaces by helping consumers with technical and account issues in both 1:1 and 1:many platforms.
We are looking for Nerds with a passion for helping people and an interest in personal finance as we expand the product experiences offered to NerdWallet’s members. This role will consist primarily of responding to member requests across multiple platforms as well as maintaining reciprocal feedback loops with cross-functional teams.
Where you can make an impact:
- Help consumers improve their lives through better financial decisions. You will do this by assisting our members in successfully utilizing tools and features that can help them improve their financial lives - always with their best interests in mind
- Become a true technical product expert across NerdWallet’s offerings
- Clearly communicate complicated topics to people of all ages, backgrounds, and financial situations, with empathy and understanding.
- Track and surface consumer trends to inform cross functional partners in an effort to improve our product & experience
- Technical Guidance and Support
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to users through various communication channels, such as email, phone, social media, and our community forum
- Offer timely and accurate solutions to user inquiries, ensuring a smooth and seamless experience
- Uphold defined Service Level Agreements (SLAs) by responding to user inquiries promptly and efficiently
- Demonstrate patience, empathy, and professionalism in all interactions, contributing to a high-quality user support experience
- Community Management
- Moderate user-generated content within NerdWallet’s community spaces with a keen attention to detail, and maintaining a friendly and welcoming atmosphere
- Foster a sense of community by actively participating in discussions and addressing user concerns
- Collaborative Problem-Solving
- Collaborate with other members of the User Operations team to effectively identify and address escalated member issues
- Participate in discussions to determine the best course of action in challenging situations, ensuring that user satisfaction remains a top priority
- Effective Communication
- Maintain open lines of communication with your team, promptly highlighting any emerging member issues
- Convey user feedback and insights to internal teams for continuous improvement
- Data Analysis and Reporting
- Track, analyze, and report data according to the established parameters for each platform.
- Leverage data-driven insights to identify trends, pain points, and opportunities for enhancement in user support processes
- Cross-Functional Collaboration
- Cultivate and maintain reciprocal feedback loops with various cross-functional teams, such as Product, Marketing, and Engineering
- Contribute your insights to help shape user-oriented strategies and initiatives
- Adaptability and Teamwork
- Remain flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and tasks as needed.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment, actively participating in team discussions, brainstorming sessions, and knowledge sharing
- Miscellaneous Projects
- Assist with miscellaneous project-based tasks that contribute to the overall improvement of user engagement and support processes
Your skills and experience:
- Prior experience in a technical support or customer service role
- Familiarity with workplace tools such as Zendesk, Confluence, JIRA, Trello, Agorapulse, Slack, Google suite, etc.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- A people-centric attitude and passion for helping others
- A high degree of ownership and confidentiality
- Willingness to “nerd out” about consumer credit and personal finance!
- Remote work experience preferred
- Fintech experience preferred, but not required
- This is a full time (up to 40 hours/wk) remote position and requires availability during our business hours (9am-5pm PT), including at least one weekend day
- Hours may be scheduled/assigned based on business needs, demand and availability
- Training to be conducted remotely
- This is a 6-month contract position with potential opportunity for extension or full-time offer
How to Apply:
To be considered for this role: please submit your resume and cover letter. Once we have reviewed your application, if your experience is aligned with the position we will share the instructions for the writing sample and escalations exercise.
In your cover letter please include:
- The days and hours you are available
- Specify which of the required and preferred skills and work experience you possess and which platforms you have experience with.
- Describe a time when you leveraged your critical thinking skills and intellectual curiosity while demonstrating your ability to follow guidelines and protocols to resolve a tough problem.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- This role will be based in San Francisco, CA or remote (based in the U.S.).
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.