Design and User Experience
We're designing the future of FinTech by rethinking consumer relationships to create delightful experiences for our users.
Senior Digital Designer (Canada)
NerdWallet’s Brand Studio team is looking for a Senior Digital Designer to be a strategic design partner for our consumer-first company. As a member of Brand Studio, you will conceptualize, design and implement creative solutions that align with NerdWallet’s roadmap. With a start-up mentality and your full range of skills in graphic design, web design, and art direction, you will help our team push the boundaries of what's possible to grow and extend the NerdWallet brand. On Brand Studio, we define and evolve our brand expression, build all the creative for our advertising channels, integrated marketing campaigns, CRM and performance marketing programs, content experiences, and our internal brand.
Your center of excellence should be digital design specifically for performance marketing and web design as you will be acting in the capacity of a Senior Visual Designer, leading the creative for our performance marketing workstream. The projects you will work on include: reviewing creative from agencies, designing landing pages, and forming hypotheses to continue testing and iterating on our ad, social, and landing pages. You will also be responsible for designing for our homepage on Nerdwallet.com, working with engineering to QA to bring designs to life, and partnering with product design to create delightful, branded, user experiences on other webpages as needed.
We hope that you are excited by the opportunity to bring meaningful change to the world of FinTech with innovative design that informs, delights, and engages.
- Innovative: An outstanding designer and art director with a jaw-dropping portfolio that demonstrates your ability to build inspiring creative solutions for consumers across brand advertising channels. You have a proven track record of leading projects from development, through execution, and to success
- Visionary: Not one to shy away from complex challenges that require new thinking and a willingness to take chances. You have in-depth knowledge of innovative trends and technologies in the advertising and marketing space that you share with the design team to influence and elevate
- Strategic: As a creative problem solver, you supply innovative ideas that build on data and analytics in order to meet business objectives
- Insightful: Able to inspire while articulating design decisions. You can effectively communicate your ideas to other designers and collaborators through strong oral and written communication skills
- Flexible: In a fast-paced, dynamic working environment, you can handle quick feedback loops and fluctuate between jumping from campaigns to working on internal projects
- Collaborative: Experience partnering cross-functionally with team members across marketing and product - from creating concepts and pitching ideas to delivery - in order to build best in class creative executions
Where you can make an impact:
- Work closely with performance marketing managers to craft engaging and performant concepts for display ads, social, and landing page experiences
- Art direct our performance marketing creative agency to create on fresh, on brand experiences
- Propose and design content strategy and visual design experiments to improve conversion
- Partner with marketing and product teams to design experiences for our website
- Design and build systems for your work streams in the spirit of efficiency and consistency
- Evolve and inspire the NerdWallet brand within the Brand Studio Team and the company at large
We recognize not everyone will meet all of the criteria. If you meet most of the criteria below and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you.
- 5+ years of applied design experience, specifically in performance marketing and digital/web design
- Very comfortable developing strategic concepts based on business and audience insights
- An expert in Adobe Creative Suite and Figma, illustration chops a plus
- Excellent graphic design skills (layout, typography, color)
- Champion accessibility best practices, patterns, and requirements
- Working knowledge of motion graphics and interaction design is a plus
- This is a remote position. Candidates can be located anywhere in Canada (with the exception of Quebec)
- NerdWallet is proud to be a remote-first company! We believe great work can be done anywhere. No matter where you are based, NerdWallet offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your family
What we offer:
Work Hard, Stay Balanced (Life’s a series of balancing acts, eh?)
- Monthly Healthcare Stipend
- Rejuvenation Policy – Flexible Time Off + You will receive the official public holidays in your province + Mental Health Days
- Pregnancy and Parental leave – NerdWallet will top up your pay so you receive 100% of your salary for 12 weeks for pregnancy leave and 12 weeks for parental leave
- Mental health support through Ginger.io
- Paid sabbatical for Nerds to recharge, gain knowledge and pursue their interests
- Weekly Virtual Bootcamp, Yoga and Mindfulness Meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Stipend and Cell Phone Stipend
- WiFi stipend and work from home equipment stipend
Have Some Fun! (Nerds are fun, too)
- Nerd-led group initiatives – Intramural Sports, Employee Resource Groups for Parents, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Women, LGBTQIA, and other communities
- Hackathons, Happy Hours and team bonding across all teams and departments
- Company-wide events like Little Nerds Day (aka bring your kids to work day, even if you're remote!) and our annual Charity Auction
Plan for your future (And when you retire on your island, remember the little people)
- Annual Enrichment Stipend for learning and development
- RRSP with a 4% match. Eligible one month after hire.
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, so all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Base pay offered may vary within the posted range based on several factors, including but not limited to education, job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and location.The Pay range for this role is$100,000—$168,000 CAD